New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What brand and size headers for a 632 in a square tube Camaro? I don't want fender exit headers. I'd like to have them already welded up.

Posts: 4 | Location: Al | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
2 3/8 will be fine. All depends on how the car is arranged ie. Struts/a arm location, firewall etc. An off the shelf set more than likely won't fit.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It's not a strut car and I'd say the firewall is in the same location that the stock one was in

Posts: 4 | Location: Al | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
smaller is better, especially in a door car and how much HP the engine makes is everything not cubic inches. Most likely you'll need a custom built set that will set you back around $2000 for mild steel and double that for Stainless steel.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time we built a lot of 2x3 frame a-arm bracket chassis, we kept the inside frame dimension to 30" so stock 1st gen Camaro headers would fit.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree probably will have to get custom built set. Hopefully with less trouble than ones on my 1st car 66 Nova with BBC I think cylinder #1 had 12 joints to get pass shock and next cylinder.

2-1/4 or 2-3/8 should work fine. If Having built look into step designs. Should not cost anything extra.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z68camaro:
Would it be possible to take the old headers that I ran on my smaller engine and have the new headers built to the same specs just a bigger diameter and with the right flange? What brand kooks , dynatech, or another brand?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes, call this guy...

REF Unlimited in Kingman, AZ

Greg Holman (929)692-0111

Greg, just built me a copy of my original headers with some small tweaks I requested. Workmanship and fit is outstanding.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post