DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Moroso Line Lock problem??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moroso Line Lock problem??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
I installed a Moroso 44050 line lock solenoid as per the instructions on 1984 S10. https://www.jegs.com/Installat...00/710/710-44050.pdf
Installed like illustration 1. Pressure comes from the proportioning valve to the LL solenoid and then to the frt. brakes. I have never owned or used a Moroso LL solenoid before, only Hurst and Jegs brands.
If I activate the solenoid with my foot off of the brake pedal the pedal is rock hard and the frt. brakes do not work at all, rears do work.
If I hold my foot on the brake pedal and then activate the solenoid the front brakes are applied and if I release my foot from the pedal and keep the line lock activated the frt.s stay applied.
Now for the problem. If I deactivate the solenoid the frt. brakes do not release until I press the pedal with the solenoid off.
Does anyone use one of these solenoids and is that how it is supposed to work? Doesn't seem right as you can't roll out of you burnout by just releasing the solenoid.

Also it's listed as rebuildable but can't find any info on a seal kit. moroso didn't return my call. Biondo sells the same solenoid but they said they don't service a seal kit.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
You have it installed backwards...Turn it around...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I wondered that too as it has no markings. I have the pressure plumbed into the end that has the removable fitting. The other end is just flat with a threaded place for a fitting. since Moroso didn't answer or return my call I called Biondo. They sell basically the same solenoid and they said the pressure goes in the end with the fitting like I have it plumbed.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
The symptoms you describe are an indication that it's installed backwards....try it and see if it works properly...if it doesn't, then it's defective. Simple as that.

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to the Biondo install I looked at also.https://www.biondoracing.com/manuals/LL.pdf I did get a friend to send me a pic of his and it appears to be a Moroso like mine and his is plumbed opposite of what I did so I will swap it and see.
I did get through to Moroso and he made it sound like I plumbed it correctly but he really didn't know much about it so I have my doubts.
Interesting note is both companies list them as rebuildable but neither one offers any o-rings or kits.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
I have encountered line locks other than Hurst that when activated, will block ALL fluid flow completely. Not sure if the newer Hurst line locks are the same as the older ones, but on my Hurst, I can activate the solenoid and then press the brake pedal as much as I want and it will build pressure to the front brakes. Kind of like "pumping" the brakes up. Once the solenoid is de-activated, the pressure is instantly released and the car will roll out.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Colorado racer for the win! Swapped it around and it works as it should. It doesn't let you pump pressure once it's activated but that's how the instructions say it works. It now releases when I deactivate it, don't have to tap the pedal.
Wild Wild West 2 Hurst is what I've had for years and I do like it better

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it's fixed!

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Years ago.. years lol. I did the same thing.
Thinking what *** is with this pedal. No arrows either.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post