DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Transition slots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transition slots
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
If I lengthen transition slots will that pull less fuel at idle. I have to open throttle so far I'm exposing too much slot and it's pulling fuel through slots

Posts: 3 | Location: Pa. Or Fl.  | Registered: July 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have you drilled holes in the butter flys that helps with idle and lets you keep the butter flys in the correct transition

Posts: 27 | Location: Athens Al | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Try cracking the rear butterflies open some. Also, make sure fuel is not dripping from boosters. Any improvement in idle mixture will increase rpm and allow closing the primaries more.
Then holes as mentioned above.
Longer slots may pull more fuel.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I adjust the primaries with the carb upside down in my hands. When the visible t-slot is square, I bolt it on the car. Then adjust the idle using the secondaries from there.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Rear idle adjustment, and enlarge your idle air bleeds if necessary. I've never had to drill holes in a throttle blade.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1614 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Where in Florida? You NEVER want to cut the t-slots unless absolutely necessary, absolute last resort. I had one Dominator that the bottom of the slot was .100 above the closed blade, that was necessary. With the blades closed the bottom of the slot should be right at the top side of the closed blade. If it is and you have to open them too far to idle then you have another problem. Improperly calibrated idle circuit and insufficient initial timing are the two main culprits. What carb, car and engine specs?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks for all replies. just went through fuel system and found fittings that were eaten away so sent carb back to builder for freshening up,it was due
ps in bradenton right next to bradenton raceway

Posts: 3 | Location: Pa. Or Fl.  | Registered: July 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post