Tools

trans fluid?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Shell Spirax, 295 spec.
Equivalent to Allison 295.
Always ran F in it, but ran into the planetaries spalling some years back. I don't know if it was a heat treat issue or lubricity issue, but it has never surfaced again since the switch to the 295 spec fluid. The freshen was done with probably over 1k runs with the 295 in it.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im trusting you guys, I'm trying the Allison fluid this time around.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Creed:

You made a good choice. I've been running it for 4 years and should have done it sooner

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Creed:

It’s transmission fluid, hardly a high risk decision.

That said, since I enlightened the Tech Talk readers and posters here back in 2005, many have made the switch on my recommendation and I’m not aware of one who has gone back to their previously used trans fluid.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ill have to say, I made the switch this year to Transynd, and its a definite improvement in heat and consistency. May have even helped get my picture on the home page...

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post