New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carb gurus
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Alright carb gurus I have a question. I have a BRE 4150 that I’ve ran for a while now. It works flawlessly, but at the last race I was fighting some regulator issues. My rear float was really high as well. I rebuilt the regulator and ordered a new Holley float as well. The float is the rear and it’s notched. The Holley float is a touch different than the one that came from book. The notches aren’t quite as deep and the jet extensions that came with the Holley float are a little bit shorter. I noticed the orfice size in the Holley extension is a little smaller as well. Anyhow I put the new float and extensions on and was just wondering if you thought it would change the characteristics of the carb or the tune?

Posts: 10 | Location: Oklahoma  | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify. What I’m questioning is the different length of the extensions. Thanks Jake

Posts: 10 | Location: Oklahoma  | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The floats must have full range of motion for them to work properly. As long as the float is not hitting on the jet extensions when it is all the way down you are good.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And to add to what Curly said, as long as the orifice in the jet extensions is larger than the jet orifice you should be good.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes sir. I believe that is the old float on the right. The Holley float is close but after close inspection the notches on the blp float were made for a longer extension. Thanks for the reply fellas. Just hoping not to change anything about how this carb works.