Find
Notify
Tools

Holley Pro Dash
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted
Anyone here have a standalone pro dash in their car and use it for data logging? Having some interference with the rpm channel and wondering how to correct it.

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Try posting your question in this Holley Forum

https://forums.holley.com/foru...ay.php?47-Holley-EFI

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I tried one for about a month had to have its own 12 volt power source (cordless drill battery) then data logger wouldnt work when dash got to hot during heat of day

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here’s another place to post your question, a group by Devin Vanderhoof and you’d need to join to post your question.

Holley needs clean sources of power and grounding. This means you would be wise to land the power and ground wires for the dash directly to the battery. Same for turning the dash on, should come from a clean source using a relay.

I have used this dash in a door car for over 18 months now and have had no issues. Mine is tied to a HP ecu. I created a clean and dirty power buss that keeps everything segregated.

If the rpm output terminal from the MSD is being shared with another or multiple devices like remote tach, delay box along with the dash this could possibly be a problem, but just guessing.

https://www.facebook.com/group...j_approved&ref=notif

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I plan on going to the EFI in the future but just have a carb for now. We have a 12.3 with HP on my brothers ls swapped 3rd gen camaro. It works great and the logging is much better. The standalone deal is totally different but thats why I went with a 7al3 instead of a grid because it has data logging built in. I have the power and ground straight to the battery. I haven't traced my tach wire down yet but don't have anything else hooked to it. I did find that my main ground was a little loose, maybe that was it, haven't got to try it again yet.

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post