DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    SR20 Upgrades from Frankenstein Engine Dynamics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SR20 Upgrades from Frankenstein Engine Dynamics
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, I’d still like to know how the Dart Heads compare to the Brodix.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

Not really an apples to apples questions because there is not one Pro 20 or Sr20 head out there! Too many ports from the same castings. But from what I have seen they are both great heads. For larger motors I'd lean towards the Dart heads, they have a larger port.

I have a Pro20 632 in a 1840 pound dragster that has run mid 6.70's over 197 in good air, normally mid 80's at 195 plus. A friend has a set of SR20's that's a little lighter but runs the same.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

Not really an apples to apples questions because there is not one Pro 20 or Sr20 head out there! Too many ports from the same castings. But from what I have seen they are both great heads. For larger motors I'd lean towards the Dart heads, they have a larger port.

I have a Pro20 632 in a 1840 pound dragster that has run mid 6.70's over 197 in good air, normally mid 80's at 195 plus. A friend has a set of SR20's that's a little lighter but runs the same.
TOP were are you shifting at...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
QUOTE]TOP were are you shifting at...[/QUOTE]

7600 by the MSD, usually 7700 on the racepak.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
We shift ours 7700 on graph, drop to 7250

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Looking good Scott! Curious to see the improvements.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted Hide Post
What kind of timing is used running on gas with the 20 degree deal

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7959:
What kind of timing is used running on gas with the 20 degree deal

I run 31 degrees

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
35 here

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew Chief
Picture of RACER99O
posted Hide Post
When you come home and are blown away! Some companies just get it and take the opportunity to make a statement in branding. The boys down in Texas have figured it out. Chris Frank and Mike Shabareck we can’t wait to represent! #frankenstein. Check them out at FrankensteinED.net

Posts: 662 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. kinda | Registered: January 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RACER99O:
When you come home and are blown away! Some companies just get it and take the opportunity to make a statement in branding. The boys down in Texas have figured it out. Chris Frank and Mike Shabareck we can’t wait to represent! #frankenstein. Check them out at FrankensteinED.net

Scott, did they flow the heads when they arrived and then flow them when they left? If so, what were the difference in the numbers? Will be interested to hear/see power gains on track as well

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Hey Scott
Are you changing anything else or just the port work?

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post