Find
Notify
Tools

SLE Issue
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of brian hansbury
posted
About a month ago my wifes dragster SLE Didn't come to full throttle right away had lag then was fine and been fine I tested it a number of times nothing until this weekend 3rd round she is .003 opponent .080 and car leaves slow like throttle not completely full throttle 60 foot off from 1.15 to 1.27 and 1/8 mile 5.03 to 5.27 same mph as usual but cant run number obviously .... dam it ... any ideas ?

Posts: 16 | Location: east nassau | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had my SLE last year have a similar problem.

I found that there was a issue with the c02 solenoid that was intermittently not holding the pressure when the SLE released. I ended up replacing the SLE and have not had an issue since.

Posts: 106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Try a drop or two of air tool oil in the line before valve.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 250 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chris Reynolds had a similar issue round 6 at Cecil County last weekend, luckily the guy was red, said it happened once before and no idea why.
Diceman idea sounds like a good idea to try.

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Adding little tool oil sounds like good idea and going to add to maintenance list.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4158 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
It might not hurt to take a look inside the solenoid. It doesn't take much of a piece of junk to get between the piston and the tower to make them hang open, not open at all or somewhere in between.

If you refill a lot you may want to grab one of those nitrous filters to go between your mother bottle and the on car bottle.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I have a similar issues off and on in the past. It turned out that there was some slack in the cylinder on the throttle cable and ball socket (that connects to the ball on the carb) and it allowed the cylinder to move radially and sometimes hang on the underside of the carb top.

Not sure if I explained that well enough to understand, but it caused me some headaches for a few weeks.

Note: It wasn't a lot of movement... didn't take much.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post