DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    $10,000 for this Camaro roller?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$10,000 for this Camaro roller?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted
I don't know if this is the best forum for this particular question, and the moderator may move or delete it.
But what do you think of 10k for this car? I was browsing the ads and it 'spoke' to me. I'd have to travel 700 miles to get it though!

https://www.racingjunk.com/Doo...=1363&np_offset=92#3

Posts: 343 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
No title. Dangerous.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
No title. Dangerous.

Yep. No title, no thank you. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice car from the pix. The Ad appears to be old from the update in April so I would be shocked if its still available. Yea the no title thing can be sketchy if it has a stock firewall still in it

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Question #1 is it certified? that has a big effect on price title or not

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK fill me in....who cares if a RACE CAR has a title?? I mean if it was stolen or something would a person be dumb enough to advertise it on Junk?

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtended_s10:
OK fill me in....who cares if a RACE CAR has a title?? I mean if it was stolen or something would a person be dumb enough to advertise it on Junk?

Honestly..Yes. Might not have been a racecar when it was stolen.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtended_s10:

There are plenty of vehicles that aren't stolen, but the titles have never been properly transferred. Now let's say I actually hold the title to that vehicle. I never cared what ever became of the car, because it was a $100 hulk the last time I saw it. I thought it was headed for the shredder. But now, I see how nice somebody has made it. I think I'll go collect it. And guess what? The law will be on my side. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK i can see a remote chance of one of those things happening. The camaro in this case doesn't have the stock dash and probably doesn't have the vin tag anymore. Maybe the vin is on it some where else? I wouldn't be afraid to buy it but i would take a picture of the sellers driver license and get a receipt. I think more often when a car gets stolen they strip it and get rid of the body. Kinda hard to prove your engine parts, trans etc.

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, with a ladder bar and 12 bolt [please understand, there is nothing wrong with ladder bar and 12 bolt, they are completely acceptable and capable] it is just not the premium price situation.

In my experience, it is around the $6,500.00 price range.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I got mine for $8200.... ladder bar, dyna 60, tube car from firewall back in chromoly and stock front clip. Same shocks, tube a-arms and disk all around. Fiberglass hood, bumpers and truck lid, but has all glass front , rear, and rollup windows.... just to give you and idea. My weight is 2780 with a 190 of driver... hope this helps

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No title, no deal. The legal issues associated with this type of trans action can be a nightmare. Ask me how I know.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
No title, no deal. The legal issues associated with this type of trans action can be a nightmare. Ask me how I know.

Thank you. How do you know? ;^)

Posts: 343 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the great responses, guys. Especially for the warnings about the no-title situation and the remarks about the price of that car.

I had wondered about the $10,000 price tag, though I do believe that the cost can really add up when building a race car from scratch.

I did send an email to the seller, asking if he could possibly get a title for that car, and if I could have the VIN number.

I didn't hear a peep. I don't know if he just didn't receive the message or if he didn't see fit to at least send a 'thank you for asking' response.

If that's the kind of guy he is, I reckon he's not likely to negotiate on price or any other concerns.