DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    The Pull-Out handle for dragsters!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Pull-Out handle for dragsters!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
First of all I have no connection to Stephen Hughes or his company but I have to give a shout out to him for helping us old ****s get out of our cars, without bruises and so forth.

Also to Mike Bjorum for showing them to me in Dallas and my friend Frank Willis for selling me the other handle that he was unable to use. (his shifter was in the way)

These things are great and if you need a hand getting out of the car especially if you're getting older like some of us then I suggest you get ahold of Mr. Hughes. Shu407@gmail.com or 281-960-7188 or @ThePullOut on Facebook.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
X1000000

I have one in every dragster I have!

When I drive another car without one I wonder how in the hell I am going to get out now...

Very simple innovation that is very helpful when getting in and out of the car!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Great add on. Do they make pull out cranes? 2 years ago my help decided on his own. He was on a mission to get in my car. Me not knowing, I was up in the office at the track. Car is narrow and built for old skinny men. I come back. He he is "Stuck" in my car with his shoulders stuffed up to his cheeks. Close to 300Lbs. Took 3 guys to get him out of my car. Yelled at him WTF are you doing?
I wish i would have taped it. And ya, he had a couple of brewski's pulling this stunt after the day was over.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words Cashflow and Mr. Gulitti!!

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
The Pull-Out....for when you want.....

Stephen, so many ways to interpret that LOL.

Seriously do you have any sort of video or a youtube video that shows how these work?

I have been thinking about some sort of foot ridge/ledge halfway back from the pedals so I can get a foothold to push me up and out.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bruce, Jay Robinson did a Product Showcase on his American Bracket Racer series. American Bracket Racer pretty much lays it all out. I’m with you on the foot hold too, I finally covered most of my floor with non skid tape and it helped tremendously.

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Justin put them in my M&M. Loved them.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12167 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I told Mr Hughes, the first time I used the Pull Out handles......it felt like my A** was spring loaded.

LOL

Best money spent on the dragster in a long time.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Packmule
posted Hide Post
I’ll be ordering a set real soon, I had seen them a few years ago and thought they would be “NICE” but now I’m on blood thinner meds and the first trip to the track this season my arms looked horrible with all the bruising.

Posts: 18 | Location: Southeast Missouri | Registered: January 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I need to figure out where there's room for them in my ride. Sure would help getting out of the car!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I need to figure out where there's room for them in my ride. Sure would help getting out of the car!

Send me some pics of dash/upper frame rail area. We’ve built a few sets to fit in some tight spaces. With enough measurements from the customer, I can pretty much lay out their dash on my welding table and make some that will fit. (281)960-71 eight eight

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:

Send me some pics of dash/upper frame rail area. We’ve built a few sets to fit in some tight spaces. With enough measurements from the customer, I can pretty much lay out their dash on my welding table and make some that will fit. (281)960-71 eight eight

I'll get some to you later this next week!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post