DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&R delay box question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&R delay box question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
So last season there was a dragster at our local track that was having a delay box issue where it would work fine until they crossed over, then they were getting crazy .200-.300 green lights. Myself and another racer had tried to figure out what it was causing this, thinking they had to have something set wrong in the box, but could not figure it out. I had a K&R in my trailer that I gave them to install and everything seemed to work ok after that for them, so they just purchased a brand new box and had it drop shipped to me to replace the one I gave them instead of messing with taking it out of the dragster. Well, I did not run a single race off the top the rest of the season, so the new box just set in my trailer. Fast forward to our late starting season we have now. This past weekend I threw the box in and on the 1st 3 hits I'm .010, .010, .014, then I run a slower car, feel like I hit it fine and I'm .279 green! Naturally, my 1st thought was that entered in the dials incorrect, but that was not the case. I continued on the rest of the race in the no box class with no issues and win the race, so I'm fairly confident there is no transbrake issue. For those out there familar with the K&R box, is there any kind of setting in there that I can have set wrong or not set that would cause something goofy like this when crossing over? Heck, I won the event on Saturday and have been more worked up on this issue than I was happy about the win! Any help or suggestions would be great!

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you have MSD Grid installed for ignition, you can easily monitor the timed delayed release of the box in any mode (normal delay or crossover, and bump down/ up).

If possible, maybe try a Digital Delay or Dedenbear and see what happens.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post