DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster oil pan - results not good
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster oil pan - results not good
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a 21049 pan. The tray in the 21047 did not lend itself to “slotting” the mounting holes and getting it pressed down any. The welded in partitions make the tray very rigid.

I do think I can “dimple” the 21047 tray but will take a look at the 21049 pan and tray before taking a hammer to the tray in the 21047 pan. The description of the 21049 pan at summit does not indicate it comes with a windage tray but the picture just posted has a tray.

More to come in a few days!

Bob

Posts: 37 | Location: Pittsburgh, pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
21049 does come with the tray and easier to work with. 21047 will need a mean hammer lol.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We are using the 21047 with a 4.375 crank and steel rods.
One of the conventional Moroso pumps that was listed as compatible.

All is good so far. No clanking.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried 21047, 21049 and they both hit. I could have heated and “dimpled” the areas that hit and those pans would have worked.

I could not bring myself to modify a pan that I was paying decent dollars to fit as advertised. I ended up spending an additional $150 and I got the 20485 pan. It fit just fine with Steel rods and 4.75 stroke. The 20485 is a really nice pan.

Bob

Posts: 37 | Location: Pittsburgh, pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Built a 632 where absolutely NOTHING is stock/original and the only thing that had to be massaged to work is a windage tray?? And you're complaining??
Welcome to engine building 101....lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4456 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Built a 632 where absolutely NOTHING is stock/original and the only thing that had to be massaged to work is a windage tray?? And you're complaining??
Welcome to engine building 101....lol

Personally, I think it is just silly to build a 632 with a wet sump, but that is just me.
Next it will be oil control and oil pressure problems.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post