DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    aluminum radiator search
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

aluminum radiator search
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'm looking for a short aluminum radiator, no more than 12" tall and no filler neck, that i can move up in front of the footbox in a dragster.

I've stumbled across an 84-90 Jeep cherokee fits in this criteria with dimensions of 31 x 11. However, not sure need 31 long will work.

Anyone know of another vehicle meeting more in the 25" or less x 11-12" with no filler neck?

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Look at Summit under Fluid coolers.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Check Ron's Racing Radiators.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a car with a scirocco radiator laid flat on the bottom and blowing heat at ground. There can't be 3/8" to body on both sides at the front. No fill neck obviously. It's actually in the second bay forward of footbox with the battery. I believe Jok has a car that is similar.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
heater cores have been used in the past

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
Power Cool Systems (Saldana Radiator)

They have options and they do custom work...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Howe racing radiators can do any custom design you want. Mine is laid back 30 degrees with the inlet and outlet running level in engine bay.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Years ago, Saldana made me one to replace a plastic & aluminum OEM style Scirocco radiator on a dragster - it came out awesome and was one of the very few times in my racing career that I was pleasantly surprised at the price.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post