DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Vacuum Pump Fitting Sizes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacuum Pump Fitting Sizes?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted
Are most / all of the popular vacuum pumps using a common size of -AN Fitting for the inlet & outlet lines? (Thinking Star, Moroso, GZ, etc). Are they -10, -12, or ??
Ordering some custom valve covers, and would like to have the correct size male fitting welded to them.
(Could not find any off-the-shelf covers with vacuum fittings and an oil fill bung / cap on them - Anyone know of some for BBC?).

Thanks.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The Star pump website offers a bolt in baffled fitting and a bolt in fill with cap. -12 and I have them both. No welding, just drill a hole. I use their sportsman pump. The clear plastic hoses are pretty ugly once they discolor. They now offer a black hose or you can use any hose you prefer.

http://www.starvacuumpumps.com/

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Moroso uses -12 also and they too offer a nice baffled bolt in fitting. Pretty sure most vacuum pumps use -12.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys! Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post