DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Autometer digital/lcd dash
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Autometer digital/lcd dash
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
those that have one and have had racepak's, how does the autometer compare? I normally hate digital dashes like racepak has but the autometer dash is awesome. I wonder mainly how the logging and software compares from racepak to autometer. Im putting together a brand new ride for my wife, have a full set up of racepak stuff already but considering selling off the racepak and getting the autometer.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into the fueltech FT450?

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 469 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Are you considering EFI on this application? If so, those can support a bunch of other dash possibilities.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-6021

This dash

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
Have you looked into the fueltech FT450?

Just looked, same issue I have with the racepak. You can't read The values at a glance because its digital non analog style

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Will, before you buy please check out RPM Performance loggers and dash. I have been using their loggers for 10 years and Dash since the day it was released in late 2013. I am very happy, software is really easy to use and sensors will not break the bank and Randy is great to work with.

https://www.rpmperf.com/

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:

This dash

Wow that is a ton of money just for the dash! I have been seeing the ms3 younger guys using either tablets or pi monitors with nice holders. The are super cheap but it requires some techyness to get them to work. The user can custom design the dash layout and the sky is the limit. I may try this in the future. I don’t know how well all the brands hold up to vibration

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

This dash

Wow that is a ton of money just for the dash! I have been seeing the ms3 younger guys using either tablets or pi monitors with nice holders. The are super cheap but it requires some techyness to get them to work. The user can custom design the dash layout and the sky is the limit. I may try this in the future. I don’t know how well all the brands hold up to vibration

Its a dash and a data recorder at the same time. Basically it sounds like its equivalent to a racepak v300 and a dash. Its actually very equivelent to what would be bought from racepak in price

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Will,

I was at a race in texas a month ago and was looking at this dash in Slate Cummings car. It is a super nice piece. My next car will definitely have one. He said it is easy to work and the logging was good.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Will, before you buy please check out RPM Performance loggers and dash. I have been using their loggers for 10 years and Dash since the day it was released in late 2013. I am very happy, software is really easy to use and sensors will not break the bank and Randy is great to work with.

I agree with Big Steve about the RPM Data loggers I think they are the best and you get much more for your money.
With that said on my new car I think I am going back to analog tach and gauges. They are hard to read going down the track.
My new car will definitely have the RPM data logger with 8 O2's but will probably not run the dash this time.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

This dash

Its a dash and a data recorder at the same time. Basically it sounds like its equivalent to a racepak v300 and a dash. Its actually very equivelent to what would be bought from racepak in price

Ahh. The initial description threw me. It's very attractive in person, and that's about all I can tell you. Guy parked next to us at a race last year had one.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
S/C718,

If you don’t mind saying what kind of car do you race and are you by chance racing at Roswell this weekend?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5311 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/C718:
Will,

I was at a race in texas a month ago and was looking at this dash in Slate Cummings car. It is a super nice piece. My next car will definitely have one. He said it is easy to work and the logging was good.
thats good to know, I really like the readability of it at a glance. I'll be looking into it more for sure. Thanks

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

I agree with Big Steve about the RPM Data loggers I think they are the best and you get much more for your money.
With that said on my new car I think I am going back to analog tach and gauges. They are hard to read going down the track.
My new car will definitely have the RPM data logger with 8 O2's but will probably not run the dash this time.
that's exactly why I dont care for most of the digital dashes and why I have all Racepak analog style guages in our cars. But packaging all the guages, a switch panel, electronics box and a dial board controller is getting difficult. So i kinda like the idea of the autometer dash

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The only thing I don’t like about these integrated dashes is on the rare occasion that it fails you’d have nothing at all. I think if I was to build a new dash it would have a digital dash for consolidation and looks but a separate water temp gauge. I don’t need the other gauges to race the car for a day but water temp is needed.

Agree about RPM and Randy being great to work with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 183N,

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Cashflow,

I have a ruby red and white American dragster. I am planning on going to Roswell tomorrow morning to race. I haven't decided if I will race super pro or the Q16 race. I will be pitted with Max Tafoya and Angelo Sanchez.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I will stop by and introduce myself. Thanks so much for racing with us.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5311 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick!
posted Hide Post
One thing to consider is the data viewing software and how it is configured.
The Stack software has a drag race configuration that is easy to understand and even displays intervals; start (triggered however you want, I use the g-meter), 60ft, 330ft, 660ft, 1000ft, and 1320ft.
It keeps track of time slips and with run comparison, you can view the graph overlay and view time slips side by side.
Data file organization and naming protocols are really easy so you don't need a decoder ring to figure out what run it was.
Download times are pretty quick and looks like they got rid of the CAN dongle, which is a good thing.
Lastly, the customer tech guy, Mark, is a stand up guy and provides really good support.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

Posts: 81 | Location: behind this screen | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just went through this. I settled on the AEM CD7 digital dash.

1.) It is fully configurable with their dash design software and doesn't look like a 1980's alarm clock. You can change colors on alarms or pretty much anything you want to do. I have different screens depending on what I'm doing. Warm-up screen has all sensors feedback. Going down the track I have a much more simplistic screen with a round tach representation like I'm used to.

2.) They have a 22-Channel analog input module that converts sensor data to CAN. Can daisy chain modules. Allows you to use whatever sensors you want.

3.) Is compatible with most aftermarket fuel injection systems if/when I go that route.

4.) The logging version has a built in configurable datalogger.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 345 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add. The AEM CD7 is also compatible with most RacePack dataloggers already. Would prevent you from having to start over.

https://www.aemelectronics.com...s-3rd-party-hardware

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 345 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post