DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    broken flexplate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

broken flexplate
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get the meziere billet and don’t look back

J.R. Baxter

Yep! Worth the money, and then some.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
been using ATI flex plates for decades, none better.

Meziere flex plates have broken too.

With the typical power levels today in 500 plus CID motors, these items are a consumable!
I have used ATI's also with very good results for years. 1200 HP plus motors and an occasional 125 shot of NOS.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only two flex plates that'll hang tough on a 2500-3000 hp 632 with a couple ProChargers hanging off the front, are a Mezeire or a JW Wheel.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
The only two flex plates that'll hang tough on a 2500-3000 hp 632 with a couple ProChargers hanging off the front, are a Mezeire or a JW Wheel.

Mike, this is a bracket race forum! Maybe your SBC makes that power level to require those two flex plates but the rest of us are set!!!!!!!! Full Moon

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:

Mike, this is a bracket race forum! Maybe your SBC makes that power level to require those two flex plates but the rest of us are set!!!!!!!!

There's a bunch of ProChargers in Super Pro bracket racing these days.

Only reason I know, is because I did the transmission in the car that won the first radial tire ORTC diamond ring, which is now the radial vs World ring.

It was actually a Big Chief 632 with a F3R ProCharger, they went twin ProCharger the next year after winning the ring.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we ain't impressed by that go fast, hood rat, ghetto shyt

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back then it was a four race series to win the ring. No better test of flex plates, no matter if you dig the racing or not.

The other issue back then was powerglide input shafts. No better test for powerglide input shafts either 2500-3000hp @3200 lbs.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike, this is a bracket race forum! Maybe your SBC makes that power level to require those two flex plates but the rest of us are set!!!!!!!!

Only reason I know, is because I did the transmission in the car that won the first radial tire ORTC diamond ring, which is now the radial vs World ring.

It was actually a Big Chief 632 with a F3R ProCharger, they went twin ProCharger the next year after winning the ring.

What are you smoking these days, who in the hell has 2500 plus HP running in SP? Ya, there are a bunch of prochargers out there running in SP but NONE are tuned (if even capable) of making that much power!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you smoking these days, who in the hell has 2500 plus HP running in SP? Ya, there are a bunch of prochargers out there running in SP but NONE are tuned (if even capable) of making that much power!

Tell me you're kidding.

The Strange chunk I run 9" ford, 750 hp sbc is good for 2000 2500hp too.

So?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/5Fdhx6u-d5o

If you go overkill on the parts you buy first time, you can show up straight from work, no time run first round.

You know nothing stupid will fail you, to throw money out the window for the expenses getting there, late on arrival.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Mavman,

If you need more room just run the 153 tooth flexplate. That's all I have run for years. Never did understand why most BBC guys run the 168. Besides the 153 spins faster. Only issue would be if you need more oil pan clearance.

I'd consider it if I had a big block chevy.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry, didn't know what engine combo you were running. Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Just to clear up a few things

Meziere Flexplate, even our 1/4"+ thick Pro Mod plate will flex.

Yes we have seen a couple of broken and bent up Meziere flexplates over the 15 years of making them. But to be clear never have I seen one with a broken welded on ring gear.

USA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1leg,

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Mavman,

If you need more room just run the 153 tooth flexplate. That's all I have run for years. Never did understand why most BBC guys run the 168. Besides the 153 spins faster. Only issue would be if you need more oil pan clearance.

Some pans wont clear the 153 position on the starter. I used one years ago as that was the only wheel that would allow header clearance. I have 2 B&M plates, got to be ollllddd. No issues, no pump or thrust issues from a stiff center, IE non flexing flex plate. No breakage, no teeth missing,70 bucks or so. No fancy ****,600" 15.4 comp 38 degrees, 5 degree retard, 2/0 batt cable and a tilton.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post