DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    WELDERS step inside please......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WELDERS step inside please......
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I'm thinking of adding on a "pulse device" on my older ESAB 250 transformer machine....
following my existing pedal cable inside the machine I found a toggle switch that says "inert" and "metal"...it appears to have always been on "inert" but what does inert vs metal mean???

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4440 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
Can't help on the wiring, but our machines all have the pulse function, but never get used. We all use the foot pedal pulse technique. I feel it it gives me more control.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
https://www.esabna.com/euweb/awtc/lesson2_14.htm
Traducir esta página
COPYRIGHT 1998 THE ESAB GROUP, INC. ... In some heavy duty, high current applications, metal water-cooled nozzles are used. 2.3.3.2 A switch on the torch is used to energize the electrode with welding current and start the ... Both are inert gases, which means that they do not readily combine with other elements.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post