DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who makes a bracket to mount a catch can on the back of a BBC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a bracket to mount a catch can on the back of a BBC
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I am new to BBC. Completely new engine. Need a bracket to mount the catch can for my vacuum pump. It will be mounted on the back of the head. In a dragster. Brodix SR 20 heads. Star vacuum pump. Thanks Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I'd say Bob J Fabrications Razz Cool Big Grin

I'm sure you can justify the cost of a Bridgeport, lathe, band saw, metal brake, drill press, and MIG and TIG welders to your wife.... Laughing Hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scoop:
back of the head.

why wouldn't it be mounted on the front or infront of the engine where the vacuum pump is mounted and plumbed?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Thinking ive seen a few Miller Chassis Dragster with the puke tank at the back of the engine.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
for the vaccum pump Eek why?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Thinking ive seen a few Miller Chassis Dragster with the puke tank at the back of the engine.

My Miller car is basically mounted just like Ed's

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ed. I think you want the shortest possible line on the discharge side of the pump and down near the blowsheild is the best location. Easy to drain and out of the way. Kevin

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Agree with the others... seems like a dumb place to mount it. It's ugly, so why would you want it up on the head where you have to look at it & it's potentially in your way? Mount it low where you can't see it plus gravity is your friend when it comes to moving water vapor.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When my new car gets here (Someday soon I hope!) I will see if it can be mounted low on the frame in front of the engine. The only reason I asked about mounting on the back of the head, was I saw a few like that in the past. My old car had it mounted on the shield behind the driver. Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shouldn’t have talked with chassis shop about locations of things so brackets and space would’ve been figured out before hand

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That being said mine is mounted on front of head with just one bolt threw bracket on front of head

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post