New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honda Generator
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
FYI for anyone in the market, the EU7000is is finally available again though in limited supply so jump on it if you can get one.

https://powerequipment.honda.c...tors/models/eu7000is

My two were ordered back on 1/2/22 and finally came in last week and I'm picking it up tomorrow. MSRP has gone up $500 to $5999. I'll be using one as the primary source of power for my motorhome because Cummins Onan parts no mind a replacement generator are very difficult to get.

I spoke to a Cummins Onan dealer last week that told be the wait for a new generator is 16 months minimum and you pay up front in full for the order to be placed.

https://rockymountaingenerator...=RV%20Quiet%20Diesel

Also my EU3000is is for sale, local only, not shipping.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!
Can’t get them here now.*^%}! Making plans though. I’m using a 3000 and it’s ok but can’t run both ac units. I’ve been waiting for 7k onan parts quite a while. Found a good low hour unit in Washington, Just need the motor for parts or just swap it. Making arrangements to get it here now.
Still might get the 7000. Learning from Rich has helped us tons. We know what to look for and repair. By no means do I want to work on gen sets at the track…!
Washington buddy waited forever for his new Onan.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed
that webite you posted do they deliver to your door?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I just did a typical major repair on a gas 5.5 from our local Snap-On dealers truck

The most difficult R&I in a long while and I just got it done an hour ago.....

New heads, new drive parts, and all high mortality items in the lower end...

No problem whatsoever getting the parts and I stock them

Re-order them as fast as I use them....already all came back in and on the shelf

Have a good customer with 2 Medical services buses and both have Cummins 12 Diesels

1 has 9500hrs....other has 3500

I fixed the 3500 hr machine last week and serviced them both yesterday....They want the price and availability on a new one.....I don't have any actual info yet on that fantasy !!!

Fuel filters right now are made of "unobtainium"

Oil filters must have titanium guts for the prices Cummins is charging along with everything else..

A carb for a 7KW or 5.5KW gas unit is over $450 !!

Diesel control board over $900....

Last time I inquired about a machine it was way higher in price and 26+ weeks to get for a Commercial Mobile 7KW

The last 2 I sold took over 6 months to get.....1 CM 7000 and an RV 5.5.....That one went to a racer friend and it was the first job I did in March after my little "vacation"

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just sent you an email for parts

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Sorry Barry, I'm keeping what I have and not selling anything on the outside anymore.

Have to keep my customers and my work number 1 and I never know if I will be able to replace what I might sell.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
ed
that webite you posted do they deliver to your door?

I don't see why not, may cost a few dollars more to deliver to a resi neighborhood and/or lift gate delivery

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We got a local guy that gets all the ONAN’s out of wrecked or caught on fire motor home…he’s got a shyt load of them…priced right last time I checked

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Sorry Barry, I'm keeping what I have and not selling anything on the outside anymore.

Have to keep my customers and my work number 1 and I never know if I will be able to replace what I might sell.....

No worries! I’ll get the parts. Your input is more than enough.

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
We got a local guy that gets all the ONAN’s out of wrecked or caught on fire motor home…he’s got a shyt load of them…priced right last time I checked

They are worth a lot right now to some people in need but cannot get one.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, let me know what you want for the Honda 3000is. I may be interested in it for a spare. How old is it? Any idea on how many hours? I put an hour meter on mine when I purchased mine. Almost 4,000 hours. I have the same unit in my trailer.

Posts: 81 | Location: Ringtown, Pa. | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you have a PM

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed how are you connecting it to your rig? They don't come with 50 amp circuit right? 30 wont run everything will it?

Posts: 24 | Location: Roxboro NC | Registered: May 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
30 will run at least 1 AC and everything else. Some say it will run both ACs.

I'm buying this to get 45amps

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-5.../187-6966118-0486960

and or this

https://www.amazon.com/Conntek.../187-6966118-0486960

I'll know tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D601K4BLVT4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Wattage divided by voltage = amps

A 3000 watt rated generator can supply 25 amps using that std formula from Ohm's law...

A fresh unit will usually be able to supply more but the more you load any machine especially in the hot weather, the harder it is on that machine

You typical rooftop RV Ac units, 15,000btu models draw about 15 amps running....and a lot more to start momentarily....

Yesterdays Onan 5.5 job I did in a Snap-On tool dealers truck ended with the machine running and both his rooftop AC's running and whatever else is on...probably a converter/charger

The Onan was working fine but the load was obvious to my ear.

No 3000 watt generator is going to run 2 AC's comfortably if at all......

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rich, the new unit is 120/240V 7000W max. (58.3/29.1A) 5500W rated (45.8/22.9A) and apparently can go 7500watts based on the youtube link I provided above. At 7700 watts it tripped the breaker

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Right now I'm testing a 7500 watt rated portable

120/240 receptacle and at 30 amps per leg it's just about maxed out

My load bank tester shows a 7500 watt load at 31 amps per leg at 240 volts

If I push this portable much beyond 30 it gets very unhappy....and the engine would expire if run under that much load...it's actually detonating so the fuel as we all know s-u-c-k-s

With some better fuel it would do better.....and as it is it does make it's rated output.

At 15-20 amps per leg it does just fine...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rich, what's your feeling about the adapters that I posted that join both 30 amp receptacle for 45amps?

I now see that the Camco adapter will NOT work with GFCI outlets.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they work but need to be looked at for any signs of heat issues after some use....

The machines built in breakers are still in the circuit.

GFCI's are a BIG PITA.....

Some machines have GFCI modules that protect all the receptacles.....Had nothing but trouble with them. I'd never buy a machine with that arrangement......

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So the Honda EU7000is runs everything…both ACs in the motorhome, powers trailer and 2 battery chargers @ 5600 watts load. Turned the microwave on and it tripped the breaker.