Find
Notify
Tools

Honda Generator
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Quote 1320;

Good news for you and the rest of the broke dycks who are financially challenged is you can buy habor freight’s Chinese junk the predator 9000 for $2400 while supporting china’s military machine, their control of Taiwan and ultimate goal of world dominance.

How nice of you to think of us like that. High on your little pedestal!

Do you have any idea how many big name carbs Cams, heads, pistons, tool steel lifters, oil pans, headers, rods and bolts are made overseas? My guess is no! Not just automotive either!
I’m not about to name who, that’s your job to find out. I’ve already done my homework.

Oh I almost forgot!
Barry Knows! NahNahTounge

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Barry knows shyt and that’s the excuse all those that CHOOSE to buy Chinese junk for one reason and one reason only because that garbage is cheaper and all you/they care about is the cost NOT the fact that you are supporting the communist regime and their military machine.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Back on topic…Honda’s EU7000is generator.

So this did not work with the GFCI as Camco said for their similar adaptor

https://www.amazon.com/Conntek.../187-6966118-0486960

Again, it’s intended to be used with a power pole at an RV Park.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Barry knows shyt and that’s the excuse all those that CHOOSE to buy Chinese junk for one reason and one reason only because that garbage is cheaper and all you/they care about is the cost NOT the fact that you are supporting the communist regime and their military machine.

HMMMM
Honda, Made in Japan. Guess that don’t count?

Camco Products

Camco now makes more than 5,600 products, and has more than 1,500 employees and 10 facilities, including three in Greensboro, one in Reidsville, another in Elkhart, Indiana, two in China, and one each in Thailand and Vietnam.Jul 30, 2021

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
So this did not work with the GFCI as Camco said for their similar adaptor

https://www.amazon.com/Conntek.../187-6966118-0486960

Oh, the irony...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd pass this along, since I do own a Predator generator.

Predator – Predator generators are an American product that gets produced by the American tool manufacturing company Harbor Freight Tools. While they have a reputation for producing cheap but decent tools and products, generators are no exception. They come at a lower price and will have a quality and lifespan that reflects that price.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Your parts Pal!

Manufacturer ‎Conntek
Brand ‎Conntek
Item Weight ‎3.64 pounds
Package Dimensions ‎11 x 9 x 3.8 inches
Country of Origin ‎China. CHINA
Item model number ‎14995
Is Discontinued By Manufacturer ‎No
Manufacturer Part Number ‎14995
Additional Information
ASIN: B007H5WUGI

Anything else I can do for you? Care for a mint?

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:

Predator – Predator generators are an American product that gets produced by the American tool manufacturing company Harbor Freight Tools. While they have a reputation for producing cheap but decent tools and products, generators are no exception. They come at a lower price and will have a quality and lifespan that reflects that price.

Thanks Mike.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey Mike, curious where that evaluation came from? I know most of the tools HF sells are nearly worthless cr@p, especially things like sockets. Dimensionally inaccurate and soft metal. But I know many contractors and racers that use their Predator generators, with no complaints. My 8 year old 4,000 Watt unit has paid for itself many times over. Never a fouled plug or carb issue. I always do put Sta-Bil in the tank for the last fill-up before Winter, run it for about 5 minutes, then change the oil.
One other commodity they make very well are their tool boxes. Specifically the US General line. Built like tanks, the manufacturing, assembly work, fit & finish are flawless, (better than some new cars), they have all the enhancements that you find in top-end units. Far superior to most of the common, more expensive brands.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I just Googled it since I was curious myself. I would have thought it was a china generator also, but it turns out it's not. I read the top three and they all said Predator generators are made in USA.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
9 sets and where they are made.

Kohler – Kohler is a very reliable generator brand with its headquarters in Wisconsin, U.S.A. The brand has manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin and other states to account for high demand.
Generac – Generac generators are proudly made in the United States, more specifically Wisconsin at their many manufacturing facilities.
Onan – Elkhart, Indiana, is the epicenter of production for Onan generators, but in 2010, Onan outsourced the production of engines and other parts to China. Like so many other brands, the sticker will say made in the United States, but certain parts likely get produced in China.
Honda – Honda is one of the best generator brands you can purchase, and they are made entirely in Japan. Japan has a reputation for producing reliable and excellent small engine products, and their generators are no exception.
Champion – Champion generators are made and designed in America, but their engines get produced in China. Like many other brands, Champion will say that they undergo production in America, but this isn’t completely true.
Pulsar – Pulsar generators are great products and get produced in Ontario, Canada. Pulsar generators are comparable to some of the top brands in the U.S. and Japan and have a much-deserved reputation of excellence. Their base of operations isn’t in the United States, but they’re still American-made.
Westinghouse – Westinghouse is one of the oldest manufacturers of electronics and generators in the world. They are based in the heart of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and produce thousands of products, including generators.
Craftsman – Craftsman generators, like the parent company Generac, is an American-based brand that produces excellent generators. Craftsman is a more affordable version of Generac, the leading manufacturer of generators in the world.

I haven’t heard one bad thing about Predators

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My small one is a Generac & my bigger one is a Westinghouse. Pretty sure the 1st one is USA, but not sure on the 2nd one.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just Googled it since I was curious myself. I would have thought it was a china generator also, but it turns out it's not. I read the top three and they all said Predator generators are made in USA.

They are not! Chinese garbage

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
No matter where the Predator generators are made/assembled/designed they are not Honda quality/durability.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I occasionally have worked on Honda portables
The model info on one machine led me to learn some of their machines are…..add a drum roll here!

MADE IN CHINA

Onan gas engines have zero identifying casting marks on them
I believe they are made by Subaru-Robin and likely in China. A lot of the made in China stuff is really Taiwan I think but don’t know for sure.

The Subaru-Robin engines are not nearly as good quality as a Kohler. The Kohler is the optional better engine used in many engine driven welders. All Onan larger Diesels are mostly Kubotas and some Isuzus

Today I started working on an Onan 7.5 Diesel for a legend in racing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, you ain’t buying a “very gently” used EU7000is for $2400 in 2022 and beyond IF you could find one!

You can buy this beat to shyt used 7000 off of flea bay #204077962802 for $2600

that the owner says is slightly used so it “has some bumps and bruises” Laughing Hard

Good news for you and the rest of the broke dycks who are financially challenged is you can buy habor freight’s Chinese junk the predator 9000 for $2400 while supporting china’s military machine, their control of Taiwan and ultimate goal of world dominance.

I JUST bought two like brand new 2000's with parallel cables off FB marketplace. BUT of course your arrogant a$$ is right again. Happens every year in Florida douche. Hurricane season ends, generators get sold. Don't know what kind of bag of shyte operation you are running over there but good luck with your China built band aid bs adaptors to get juice to your crap. Now if I may suggest.. please go fist yourself at your earliest convenience.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
not going to sell many at $640.93 + shipping Shake head

I mean if your broke d!ck can't afford one...maybe you should keep your a$$ at the house. Full Moon

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
quote:

HMMMM
Honda, Made in Japan. Guess that don’t count?

Camco Products

Camco now makes more than 5,600 products, and has more than 1,500 employees and 10 facilities, including three in Greensboro, one in Reidsville, another in Elkhart, Indiana, two in China, and one each in Thailand and Vietnam.Jul 30, 2021

Don't confuse this nit-wit with facts....I'm guessing that he forgot that Honda isn't an American company and that his Camco stuff isn't made by Granny down the street. Brainpower is NOT Special Ed's forte'.Facts and Sperience is his super power!! Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The #1 Forum B1TCH loser shyt bag providing links & using CHINA garbage. You're a special kind of stupid B1TCH!

Spitting

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post