DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Proform Fuel bowls with sight glass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proform Fuel bowls with sight glass
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone run into an issue where the sight glass is leaking fuel? I looked on the web site and see no parts (gasket) for the sight glass at all

Posts: 294 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
throw the sight glasses in the trash and put a regular plug in it,before you burn your car down..

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't think he's got the cheapo screw in sight glass. I think he's got the bowls with the sight glass made in them with no threads.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Eman is correct. It turns out there is a o ring in there and I will pick up one locally. I spoke with Proform this AM and they suggested this.

Posts: 294 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Can someone refresh my memory please; are those clear plastic sight plugs just for temporary use to get your fuel levels set, after which you screw the brass plugs back in? Thx!

Posts: 336 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The screw in plastic ones are made to ck the level and then put the plugs back in. Totally useless and a problem looking to happen.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Quick fuel part number 7-11 is a sight glass kit with a new glass, o-ring, and snap ring. The edges are sensitive to chipping, so be careful when removing them to replace the o-ring.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmarkaudio:
Quick fuel part number 7-11 is a sight glass kit with a new glass, o-ring, and snap ring. The edges are sensitive to chipping, so be careful when removing them to replace the o-ring.

Thank you much for that; I want to buy a spare or two to have on hand. I hope they fit my ProForm carb though too.

Posts: 336 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes the Quick Fuel ones will work. Just confirmed with ProForm.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Olejniczak:
Yes the Quick Fuel ones will work. Just confirmed with ProForm.

Thanks, man!
T.