Bracket Talk
Proform Fuel bowls with sight glass

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/6777052186

June 17, 2018, 05:41 PM
J Olejniczak
Proform Fuel bowls with sight glass
Anyone run into an issue where the sight glass is leaking fuel? I looked on the web site and see no parts (gasket) for the sight glass at all
June 17, 2018, 07:41 PM
Tim Mitchell
throw the sight glasses in the trash and put a regular plug in it,before you burn your car down..
June 17, 2018, 10:16 PM
Eman
I don't think he's got the cheapo screw in sight glass. I think he's got the bowls with the sight glass made in them with no threads.
June 18, 2018, 09:59 AM
J Olejniczak
Eman is correct. It turns out there is a o ring in there and I will pick up one locally. I spoke with Proform this AM and they suggested this.
June 18, 2018, 06:19 PM
Bad Nusz
Can someone refresh my memory please; are those clear plastic sight plugs just for temporary use to get your fuel levels set, after which you screw the brass plugs back in? Thx!
June 18, 2018, 10:05 PM
Eman
The screw in plastic ones are made to ck the level and then put the plugs back in. Totally useless and a problem looking to happen.
June 19, 2018, 08:53 AM
jmarkaudio
Quick fuel part number 7-11 is a sight glass kit with a new glass, o-ring, and snap ring. The edges are sensitive to chipping, so be careful when removing them to replace the o-ring.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
June 20, 2018, 11:12 PM
Bad Nusz
quote:
Originally posted by jmarkaudio:
Quick fuel part number 7-11 is a sight glass kit with a new glass, o-ring, and snap ring. The edges are sensitive to chipping, so be careful when removing them to replace the o-ring.

Thank you much for that; I want to buy a spare or two to have on hand. I hope they fit my ProForm carb though too.
June 26, 2018, 09:32 AM
J Olejniczak
Yes the Quick Fuel ones will work. Just confirmed with ProForm.
July 02, 2018, 11:40 PM
Bad Nusz
quote:
Originally posted by J Olejniczak:
Yes the Quick Fuel ones will work. Just confirmed with ProForm.

Thanks, man!
T.