DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Chevrolet 12 bolt Pro Gear available ratios?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chevrolet 12 bolt Pro Gear available ratios?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
What ratios are commonly available in Pro Gears for 12 bolt Chevrolets? I've seen 4.10 but nothing numerically lower. Is that it? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Probably nothing higher than that.

What do you need with pro gears?

Street gears work well if you run them tight on backlash, which is a little trickier for you since you actually street drive your car. You could set up with .003"-.004" backlash and be fine.

For better answers, call Tom at Tom's Differentials.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Goob. I have actually broken a few street gear sets, over the span of many years. Never anything with a ratio numerically lower than 4.56 though. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I've only broken one, after a wheel hop episode.

Pro gears probably aren't offered because of the 3 series / 4 series carrier deal.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Richmond makes a 3.73 gear that fits the 4 series carrier (49-0096-1), but it's a standard street gear. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tom RedRX7
posted Hide Post
I run a richmond 79-0072-1

Posts: 676 | Location: FL | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Go lower ratio and get my low mileage 88's.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
Go lower ratio and get my low mileage 88's.

Big Grin There are 4.88 Pro Gears in the car right now...but not for long. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I'm going the opposite direction. We just replaced my 4.56 with 4.88. Both are street gears.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post