Find
Notify
Tools

Brake pads
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted
On my dragster i run the Strange B5020 gold pads. Is there a more aggressive pad out there. I race on a short shut down track. The gold pads work good just wondering if there might be a better pad out there for a 1975 lb digger at 140+ with a short down hill stopping track?
Thx in advance

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Brian Do you want more aggressive stoping force or a pad wo the common issues with SE Gold compound?
If better stoping, I’d recommend a dual caliper set up. Bonus is redundancy in some failures.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12167 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly new to dragsters but I put a set of Hawk HB237M.480 in my car at the beginning of 2019. I've probably put 250-300 runs on my car going 145 and 179 and they are at about 50%. My original pads didn't stop very well after the burnout. The hawk pads stop what I think is good.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I have the Golds. Work pretty good. Going on 8 years with same hats...Strange..

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
You may need more leverage ratio or possibly a larger master cylinder. That's a very aggressive pad.

SL...

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Best pad going right now TBM F3 #85 compound......

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
based on what criteria?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Cuz I’ve tried um all...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ok then how about you post your subjective comparison of all that you have tried.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am interested in this as well. my 4.70 dragster needs pads. it is dual caliper. need to know what to buy.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
I am interested in this as well. my 4.70 dragster needs pads. it is dual caliper. need to know what to buy.

ep
I just told ya...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
ok then how about you post your subjective comparison of all that you have tried.
Just run what YOU choose to....I’m not getting into a pissing match on every post with you...

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Did/do you have issues with those SE Gold pads
depositing Metal on your rotors?

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12167 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

I am using the TBM pad also, so far I love them. They stop great the first time you hit the brake, they don't kill the rotors, dust is about average and they are reasonably priced, about 1/2 the cost of the over priced Carbon Lorraine pads and stop just as good

Posts: 2423 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Steve what pad did you replace?

quote:
quote:
Just run what YOU choose to....I’m not getting into a pissing match on every post with you...

I do and It only turns into a pissing match following your shyty comments like this.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve what pad did you replace?

Carbon Larain. I switched to them from Ferodo when I went to TD. The CL pads are great, just not worth the $300 price tag

https://www.tbmbrakes.com/

Posts: 2423 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve. I'm still running the Ferodo pad, only pad we have run on our car. Have no braking issues but need to swap them out in less than 100 passes.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agree, excellent pad, I've been using them for a coupe years now

This message has been edited. Last edited by: seabass,

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

will they fit a strange caliper Whomper?

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
quote:

will they fit a strange caliper Whomper?

ep
Yes they don’t have a hole of any kind so they will fall out if you take the caliper off...they are made by raybestos out of Ohio...for the money they are hard to beat....talk to JASON at TBM BRAKES....