DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    And so it begins...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And so it begins...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Well, after making a few passes (finally) last sunday at bradenton, I found some issues with the car. It was surging BAD going down track and that surging cost me considerable et and mph. I did find what was causing it though, and had I corrected it at the track, my runs would have been much better. It ended up being a fuel pressure issue. No matter, yesterday I started doing the alky injection conversion on it. Tank is out of the car and almost ready to ship to Mike Bos to get a new one made that's larger. I will finish pulling the intake off this week and send it to Steve at Induction Solutions to weld on the extra set of bungs I need, and while all that's happening, I'll figure out where the pump will get mounted at...I don't have much room and it's a pain trying to find a spot to put it....I think I have it figured out though, and I've emailed James Monroe to see if I can reverse the pump...If so, problem solved!!! If not, it's gonna be a pain....Oh well, nothing is ever bolt on!!!

I'm excited to see how the car will run on alcohol over gas. I have a pretty good idea of what it will do when it's running right on gas, so I think I might know what it should do on alky....It's a guess until it runs and I've gotten it tuned, but I think I'm pretty close........What sucks though is I have to get a new throttle cable because my current one is too short. Because of the way the throttle bodies are mounted, I can't use my current one....ugh........

Anyway, I'm hoping to have it done and ready for next test session at bradenton in october, and if it runs well, I'm thinking of entering the winter warm up at immokalee....another 10k to win race, four chances!

Let's see how it goes!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post