DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Jegs 5/55 Drum Pump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jegs 5/55 Drum Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone using this to pump methanol?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jrdragsdad
posted Hide Post
I do and love mine

Posts: 90 | Location: ohio | Registered: May 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does it fit the large bung on a 55 gal drum?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jrdragsdad
posted Hide Post
this part # 555-80231 yes

Posts: 90 | Location: ohio | Registered: May 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes 555-80231.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looking to pump from 15 gal drums.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jrdragsdad
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Jaz 15gal jugs and 2 15gal drums. I use a two wheel dolly and ratchet strap to hold the drum/jug to it.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I will be using the same basic setup.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Here is another option I like.
https://www.harborfreight.com/...rrel-pump-93755.html

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
https://www.harborfreight.com/...rrel-pump-93755.html

I've had this pump for a few years now. I'd never go back to hand pumping.

Not sure if I just got a bad one, but after about a year it started leaking at a couple pipe connections when pressurized. I took it apart once and tried RTV around some O-rings. Still leaks, but not enough that I worry about.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not great for Methanol though. Unless you're running your air thru a dryer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

Not great for Methanol though. Unless you're running your air thru a dryer.

I personally feel like that is an overblown issue. I use that pump, and both of my cars are put away for the winter with whatever fuel was left from the final pass. No caps or anything special. They will come out in spring and run the same number they just ran.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
My alcohol always tests good so I am not worried about it. But I do go through it fairly quickly and when I pump it out about 20 gallons at a time and put them in 5 gallon jugs.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
555-80231

Looks like the Flofast pump with a Jegs sticker..

Flofast

I was a dealer for them when they first came out, still have mine.
Only issue I have with it is after sitting for a week the vanes dry out and it refuses to prime. I always leave a little alky in the hose and drain it back into the pump, no issues after that. Also, I must have a small air leak in the tube as when the fuel level drops below a certain point it doesn't want to pick it up.

One thing I love about it is I don't have to pick up a fuel jug. lol

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Anyone using this to pump methanol?

Here is the 3 vane Professional version of the pump for the same money as Jegs

https://www.toolsid.com/flo-fa...l?singleid=151067464

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. It looks like the Flo-Fast 51507 is the one I need.