DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best price Wix Racing oil filters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best price Wix Racing oil filters
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who has the best deal? Any discount codes?

Posts: 29 | Location: Utica, IL | Registered: May 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rock auto is 6.84 for 51061r.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Filter 1 $5.92 for 51060

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eman,

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
X2 for RockAuto on prices. I use Wix 51061 that filters to 20 micron. The R model filters to 61 micron.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
NAPA spring and fall oil filter sale really great price don’t remember what the percentage off That’s where I get my Wix filters from.

Posts: 34 | Location: rubicn wi. | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime...

Ben Rawe 383H
1965 Chevy II Nova

Posts: 226 | Location: Alexandria, KY | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Usually rock auto has the best price but my last order of filters came from amazon prime. I think the price was the same, came the next day and I didn’t have to remember my rock auto login.

Rock auto definitely best price on ngk spark plugs.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
If you have sufficient space a Wix 1794R will get you the 1.5 quart filter. They are approximately 8" tall.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bubbletop409:
If you have sufficient space a Wix 1794R will get you the 1.5 quart filter. They are approximately 8" tall.

Wix oil filters start with a 5 so that should be 51794R

Napa drops the first number 1794R and they are Wix filters.

Wix first number system.....
5 = oil 4 = air 3 = fuel

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Wix oil filters start with a 5 so that should be 51794R
Napa drops the first number 1794R and they are Wix filters.

Correct, Rich. Does Napa actually sell a "racing" version of their house-branded Wix filters? I have used the 1794, never asked for a 1794R.
And good advice, Larry. I normally use the huge 1.5 Qt Wix 51794R on my BBC's. Might be closer to 10" tall, (I had to use a rubber mallet and make a slight recess in the kickout on my 7 Qt Milodon pan to get that filter in & out). Requires a strap type filter wrench.
With lighter weight synthetic racing oils and hot weather, I have been experimenting this summer, using the straight 51794 or the Napa Gold 1794 (both are the non-racing versions). Like Mark pointed out above, you get finer filtration than the "R" version. But with a smaller 51061 I would probably be concerned about flow restriction of the tighter filter media at high RPM, especially with a heavy (20/50) oil. No worries about oil flow with the big dog 1794/51794 filters. I will be looking closely at the bearings during the off season freshen up. If all looks good I will stay with the big non-racing version. They are all extremely well built, in the USA.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post