Find
Notify
Tools

RV Awning
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of chasracer
posted
My RV awning keeps rolling up wrong and it keeps it from completely closing flat against the side of the RV. When it's completely open, it looks even from side to side, front to rear but when it starts winding up, it rolls itself about an inch per turn as if it is hanging crooked. Looks like a grinding cartridge roll.
Anyone know if you can loosen these things on the outer support and move them?

www.rutherfordms.com - tips and tricks, project builds and how-to's

Posts: 968 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just put new ones on my Motorhome. There is a screw in mine that locks the top cord in the slot so it won't move. Before I put that in I ran the awning in and out a dozen times and then slid the cord Cord back and forth so it would roll straight. It will find a common track and then put the screwback in. hope this helps.

Posts: 48 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
SmileThanks for the help!

www.rutherfordms.com - tips and tricks, project builds and how-to's

Posts: 968 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post