DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Nope. We don"t need 8 clyinders.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nope. We don"t need 8 clyinders.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
When 2 will do. Pretty darn creative. Just cut the ones you don't need.

https://www.enginebuildermag.c...c_id=7809F0409578G3R

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool there TD!
Total Innovation! Wonder how bad it shakes? Couldn’t be any worse than a Harley right?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Ole reliable. When things were easy > the Vertex.

I ran em for years.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
That thing is cool.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Those 2 cylinder sbc engines were being done over 20yrs ago.......claimed over 200 hp...

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That's basically what Chevy did (cut of a pair of cylinders) with their 262 V6. Not to distract from the masterful job that ole boy did.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1800gb didn't someone from your area build one?

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes.....Local machine shop/performance engine builders,supposedly done at least a couple...Paul Fields Motorsports & Machine...

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I thought about doing this with old hemi block and cracked crank that I have. Have a cam thats got bad lobe that could be cut off. Would give me 131 ci V twin.

At least I know its doable idea anyway. Then most things are with enough mpney and or machinery.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Is it really a V-twin, or a V-2?

The difference I believe to be if the connecting rods attach to the same crank pin or not, but I don't recall which is which.

Posts: 338 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I've got enough junk to build a 300 inch V4. All that junk is parked in Carnage Corner.Lol

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That's friggin neat! I struggle a little withe the 180 hp number. And I imagine high rpm resonance could be an issue with balance. But it's still pretty cool.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
180 not tjat hard to buy. My 127 evo made 159 hp and carb is too small for engine of that size. Plus lots of guys bolting pro charger on big inch motors are hitting 300 plus at rear wheel.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
180 not tjat hard to buy. My 127 evo made 159 hp and carb is too small for engine of that size. Plus lots of guys bolting pro charger on big inch motors are hitting 300 plus at rear wheel.

The LS part of the build didn't look all that special. And they make about 500 in that form if that. Divide by 4 That was my logic.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Did someone say V-twin?

BTW, that's a lawn mower engine (Kohler based).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8yYTXoZm4

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post