DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Generac RV gen trouble
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Generac RV gen trouble
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just reassembled our older NP-52G gas RV generator after fixing an oil leak & now it won't idle down. Took photos and put it back together like it was. With the vertical governor spring installed in the same slot it runs very fast. Removed the spring entirely & it will slowly creep up in RPM. Any thoughts?

Posts: 29 | Location: Utica, IL | Registered: May 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The engine runs at 2700rpm and the generators rotor spins at 3600.....belt drive with different size pulleys.

The governor linkage and arm is all that controls engine speed.

I have worked on them a few times but not for years.

A meter that reads frequency is pretty much a must have to set it.

Almost any small engine with this type governor needs it to be adjusted/set properly....

Any interference or misadjustment and it could be way off

There is a good picture of the governor arm, links and how to adjust it in this manual.....page 24

https://www.generator-parts.co...enerac-rv/075239.pdf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Found the problem. Governor arm was slipping on the shaft, thus no control. Squeezed & tightened it where it was match-marked on disassembly. Thanks!

Posts: 29 | Location: Utica, IL | Registered: May 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
^^^ J. Hows the drip rails?

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post