DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Electric Water Pump SBC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Water Pump SBC
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Before ask this question, I know Meziere and Moroso make good electric water pumps; however, I am looking for a reasonably priced unit to have as a spare for my CSR pump. Any suggestions?

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Why not just buy a replacement motor for what you have?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
better yet, throw the csr in the weeds and buy a Meziere pump, them you don't need a spare.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
better yet, throw the csr in the weeds and buy a Meziere pump, them you don't need a spare.

I'm with Ed on this one. I did have a spare for my CSR and it died in a few passes. Put our spare spare which was a cheap-o Chinese Jegs pump on there to finish the race.

Took all my CSR stuff and sold it to someone that though it was good stuff (was nie and shiny blue) and bought two Meziere pumps. My wallet hurt, but four years later not one issue with either!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I own two Meziere water pumps, one that I run and a spare. In the more than 14 years that I have owned them the spare has never been needed it still sits in the trailer.

I agree with Ed, don’t waste your time and money buying anything but a Meziere. Think about how much money you will lose if that cheap pump dies at a race.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Buy a Meziere and make your CSR a spare, even though you will probably never need it.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Buy a Meziere and make your CSR a spare, even though you will probably never need it.

I run Meziere...and this is what I would do if i were you. But...I have friends who have had good luck with Proform if you are just looking for a back up.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

This is dead on, Meziere has given me perfect service for 5 years , Found a used Meziere on racing junk for cheap as a back up.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
See link below, been running it for 5+ years with no problems.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy...Chrome-/302231874662

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
chinese junk^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chinese = yes, junk = no.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
can't wait for the tariffs to start!