DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Under trailer generator fuel tank?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under trailer generator fuel tank?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Anyone run across a tank that fits between frame beams for gasoline or diesel for the generator?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I suppose it doesn't have to go between the beams if it is shallow. I guess something like this would work fine:
https://leonardaccessories.com...9i-otBAaAryvEALw_wcB

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The off road, 4-wheeler, side by side folks have them in their toy haulers.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
you'll be a lot happier with a custom tank.

https://fueltankparts.com/pages/custom-fuel-tanks

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Probably deeper than you would like,but I have 30 gallon tanke from a 1992 chevy truck. Long narrow b ut probably 8 inches deep. You might find one that works for your needs.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Great ideas! I will check my room when there isn't snow preventing inspection. The truck tank is a good idea frankly!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.racingjunk.com/Car...id=4452&np_offset=16

I race with the guy that makes these, and he's very meticulous with everything he does. He races two cars, one on gas and one on alcohol so he mounted two separate tank between the frame rails of his 50 ft. goose neck. And had access doors in the floor, just inside of the side door on the trailer. His tanks are also DOT approved. Give Rick a call he's easy to deal with.

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Link doesn't work!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes and I would like to see it!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
This provides no help to you but if you know someone. I had a friend weld up a tank for my trailer using 1/8 aluminum. less than 300.00

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
This provides no help to you but if you know someone. I had a friend weld up a tank for my trailer using 1/8 aluminum. less than 300.00

Dave

Very nice!
I think I would almost prefer an outside fill. But only possible if mounting under the beams I think.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Bucky,

I have my fill just above and to the front of my generator box door. Fill hose is inside the generator box and exits through the floor about 3 inches inside the frame rails. Fuel tank is right there and hose connects on top of tank.
Everything is on drivers side so I fill truck then trailer from same side.
Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bucky,

I have my fill just above and to the front of my generator box door. Fill hose is inside the generator box and exits through the floor about 3 inches inside the frame rails. Fuel tank is right there and hose connects on top of tank.

Tank is between the beams against the trailer floor.
Dave

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Tank is 14wx9hx56l holds approx. 27 gal. Which is no nearly enough to do a 4 day race..lol

Dave

DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bucky,

Dave

Slick. I don't have generator compartment inside the trailer. But that could easily be done out of the way in front of the wheel well perhaps.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thurston:

Give this link a try.

Ok what am I missing here? What is the floor access for? I see you can fill some. But why access the fittings there?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Slick. I don't have generator compartment inside the trailer. But that could easily be done out of the way in front of the wheel well perhaps.

That would work, but the filler tube would be sticking out into the cargo area the distance of the frame rail since the wheel well is usually attached to the frame.
If you have a cabinet at the front you could have the tank in the front and filler neck in the cabinet.
Is this for a tag or gooseneck trailer. Just trying to see exactly what we are talking about.

Dave

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
tag trailer and I see what you mean about the wheel well. If I can avoid adding tongue weight by having it all the way to the front I would prefer it, and no cabinets up front.
I can see why they sometimes resort to through the floor.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo