DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    APD secondary float setting?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

APD secondary float setting?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone know what the float setting on an APD 4150 billet enforcer secondary should be? Have had no luck getting through their phone line the last few days. I have been setting it with the sight glass, but I would prefer to set it correctly. Thanks.

Jason Compton

Posts: 34 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
With the bowl upside down set the float so a 3/8 drill bit will slide between the top of the float and roof of the bowl. Some also set using a 7/16 drill bit, which would give a lower float level. I set mine somewhere in between around 13/32.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67SS:
With the bowl upside down set the float so a 3/8 drill bit will slide between the top of the float and roof of the bowl. Some also set using a 7/16 drill bit, which would give a lower float level. I set mine somewhere in between around 13/32.

Yep. I use the 3/8 bit for reference but I like to go a flat or two lower than that.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
Randy at APD told me to use a 5/16” drill bit. Good luck

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not sure if any of those measurements will work. If I could figure out how to post a pic,I could show the float is much smaller than the ones I'm used to. I finally got through to somebody at APD and he said 1.004 from the top of bowl on the pump side to the perimeter line on the float. Thing is there is no line!! Arrrggh. I'll try again tomorrow or just go back to using the sight glass.

Jason Compton

Posts: 34 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post