DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    15/16 master cylinder locate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15/16 master cylinder locate
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
All, Im installing a wiwood disc brake kit on a 67 camaro, i will be keeping the rear drums for now. The wilwood tech suggest I go with a 15/16 bore and gave me their pt# only bad is their said Master is 300 bucks plus. I started looking for the mopar style and the only thing I can come up in 15/16 bore is the type that has the slanted reservoir. I was hoping to locate the type you see everywhere with the black tank that sits level. Anyone have any wisdom on the subject.

Posts: 22 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Quick Google search brought this up. i would do a google search and pick out what you want.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NMCM2925

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.dragstuff.com/tech...cingMasterCylPN.html
Here's a list of the different sizes.
One thing you have to pay attention to is how the rod fits into the back of the MC. When using the Mopar MC you have to make sure the rod cannot drop out of the MC or get out of alignment. I mad a guide for mine so the rod cannot pull or drop out. The back of the piston of the MC is very shallow.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I got one from ORiellys, several years ago, for my stocker. It was for (IIRC), an 80 Doge Ramcharger.
I had disc/drum, and it worked perfectly. I also made a guide for the rod, because I watched Woodro Josey run off the end of Gainesville Raceway, following a qualifyiing run, and land upside down in the gator pond at the very end. I was inline for scales, and knew something was wrong, because he was still strolling along, way down in the shut down area.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it will work on your application but I use a manual brake master cylinder from a S10. Works fine with my factory disc front and rear drums on my 71 Chevelle that originally had power brakes.

It's aluminum with a plastic lid.

It's a slow cut shyt box,so your results may vary.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post