DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    pro charger over roots or helix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pro charger over roots or helix
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
I ran a 10-71 for 7 years with some descent success in t/d then switched to an f1x procharger in 2021...here is why it worked for me.

My roots blower deal was dry and i needed to be towed up and back.Worked great when i had consistent crew chief,but now with very limited help its so much easier to drive the procharger up and back..no assistance needed.Was pretty cool at an ihra track last year ran two back to back 5.96 and drove her back to the pits.

No more wheelie bar!! Car leaves in the .960 to .970 range and never wheelies or gets weird outta the hole.

No more worrying about weather swings which with a roots blower meant alot of pill changes.My procharger runs an apd carb and has main jets and air bleeds which are way more forgiving unless you have a massive weather change.Cant even count how many times ive seen the blower guys lean a motor out missing a pill change.

My procharger runs a front drive which means no more worrying about blowing off a belt at the worst time.She uses gears and a lil gear oil with virtually no maintenance.

And lastly if your a roots or screw blower guy i sure would love to see you womp womp your throttle at 1000 to 1100 feet...unless of course its 4th of july!!

So the Procharger does leave softer than similar Roots or Screw type?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Yes

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Sry but you can peddal a blown motor w/o issue unless it is TF with 110gpm pump moving a river of fuel. Not sure where idea it would cause issue comes from. Now how car would react to it might be problem,but engine wise none.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Pedaling a blower motor is one thing but ripping the throttle on the top end is another. There are racers doing it but its extremly hard on the crank and rods. Someone who does it on a regular bases told me each rip is equal to 1 pass on a aluminum rod and they change crank and rods a lot

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Pedaling a blower motor is one thing but ripping the throttle on the top end is another. There are racers doing it but its extremly hard on the crank and rods. Someone who does it on a regular bases told me each rip is equal to 1 pass on a aluminum rod and they change crank and rods a lot

I saw evidence recently the cogged blower belt doesn't like it either. That's the reason I went with a 12-rib belt on our ProCharger & I've been doing plenty of ripping on the top end. Wink

2BKing Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Motor I am building is a 565 BBC with 871 stripped blower. I may go to the Whipple 510R? later.
Several reasons, class I like to run the Procharger is not allowed and I already have the 871. I do not need a lot of power to run my index and like to be conservative and easy on parts. Which is why I like the screw blower it takes less power to run it to get same boost making it easier on rotating assembly and possibly more forgiving on the tuneup.

Procharger is a pretty neat deal if you can run them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post