DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Stock TH400 case ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock TH400 case ??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
How much HP can a stock TH400 case withstand in a 3000 lb tube chassis car?
This is with all of the high HP internals.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
A lot of people have gone into the 3's with a stock case, and still do. The aftermarket case doesnt seem to be AS MUCH of a neeed because the 400 doesnt need more than 180-200 psi for big horsepower

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can't answer exactly but back in the 90's a friend that owned a transmission shop used to do the trans for a local monster truck. He did pretty well with the truck (Outlaw). Stock case and always said that it looked good internally when serviced. If anything, I think it broke something past the trans in the driveline.

I'd talk to Rossler.
I think 1320 has one for sale.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think the weakest link is the bell housing so I always use an ultra bell.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
we rate our stock case level 5 400s at 2000hp.

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post