DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    250 tbs blower causing issues …?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

250 tbs blower causing issues …?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
By any chance did the lifter bores receive bushings from dart?

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Good question about bronze bushings. Highly unlikely but I guess it is possible the bushing could turn in the bore of the first lifer blocking the flow to the rest

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You thinking one of them might of spun? or improper depth? just enough to keep the sides from self destruction?

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There is no bronze bushings .

Posts: 40 | Location: canada | Registered: December 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I think it is unlikely but anything is possible I guess He needs to get the cam gear off and pull the galley plug out and have a look see.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Get a chance cut that oil filter and inspect too.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
UPDATE !!!!

Bingo there was a piece of silicone blocking the hole in the oil restrictor . I cleaned it put it back and oil comes back to both banks now

Posts: 40 | Location: canada | Registered: December 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abitz:
UPDATE !!!!

Bingo there was a piece of silicone blocking the hole in the oil restrictor . I cleaned it put it back and oil comes back to both banks now

Awesome!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Love it when a plan comes together

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love it when a plan comes together

you and you son should become highly paid crew chiefs!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help guys !

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Only concern I would have is how that piece of silicone got past the pump screen, pass the oil filter into the main oil galley and into the restrictor. Would of had to come from the galley port right behind # 7 cylinder where the oil pressure pressure sensor would screws in if you or someone used silicone on the threads. Wherever it came from your lucky it didnt go down to the main bearings and kill the crank

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yup that’s the million dollar question ! That’s a Magic piece of silicone !

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That's good detective work. That could have been a long expensive time to fix.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abitz:
UPDATE !!!!

Glad you found root cause and made the effort to find root cause.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s everything, made the effort. Good job clapping

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
This is why I tell people NOT to slobber silicone on everything or use it as a bolt sealer !

The stuff finds it's way into everything....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
This is why I tell people NOT to slobber silicone on everything or use it as a bolt sealer !

The stuff finds it's way into everything....

Yup. Use silicone sparingly.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Big Steve with the "W" on this one...

Props to the OP for doing the work quickly and finding the problem.

My bet is silicone came from intake install or possibly its really a piece of the damaged distributor O-ring that made its way down the passage and blocked the restrictor unless i have the direction of flow wrong on that..... Either way its intake/blower installation related. Silicone/foreign debris happened on intake/blower install.

Glad its solved. Good story righ there, could have caused some major damage if not fixed.

Posts: 375 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post