Find
Notify
Tools

Shoot the light
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted
Anyone know if that guy is still around?

Boyd something....all I can find is a Youtube channel that hasn't done anything for 12 years.

Contact information?

Know anyone with a STL3 for sale?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1595 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Could be wrong but I believe the poster on here DRB, Michael, had one years ago. Not sure if he has it on a shelf and would part ways with it

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I did purchase one for the round dragster steering wheel. Never used it and sold it. Shoulda tried it but never did. It doesnt find the website anymore when i google it.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Goob,

we had one in a dragster. My Son liked it but I found it clumsy. It required two motions when staging, the first motion was to "arm" it when both stage lights were on. The second motion was to pull the trigger with the top bulb. The problem for me, I felt rushed because it requires moving your finger to a different positions between the motions.

Consider this, if the basic idea was a consistent winner, many racers would have some version of it, and someone would be building it.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Goob,

we had one in a dragster. My Son liked it but I found it clumsy. It required two motions when staging, the first motion was to "arm" it when both stage lights were on. The second motion was to pull the trigger with the top bulb. The problem for me, I felt rushed because it requires moving your finger to a different positions between the motions.

Consider this, if the basic idea was a consistent winner, many racers would have some version of it, and someone would be building it.

Yeah, this one and the Trans Trigger were hot for a minute, may not have gotten the sales, or didn't want to jump through NHRA approval hoops, or just couldn't make enough to keep doing it. ?

I've got a friend that is still using his and still likes it. He's pretty steady on the tree.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1595 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I still love the STL1 in my door car.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^ Larry Knows ^^^

That's why a good many are using the Biondo Terminator or the Just-N-Time buttons.

I've used the Terminator since switching back to the bottom bulb about 10 years ago. There's a certain way I like it mounted, I made changes/mods within the rules & I consider it a maintenance item.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2487 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the terminator button is no better than a mushroom button which is by far the most used button in top bulb racing.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Goob,

I see what you're saying and I agree, but the STL1B and in particular the STL3 address that, I think.

I have a variety of buttons, the Biondo small mushroom has been my favorite, but I want to try a different action.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
the terminator button is no better than a mushroom button which is by far the most used button in top bulb racing.

I certainly wouldn't say it's "better" but it's definitely slower, even with all of the shims in it. Helps a lot with tuning a driver/car to hit the bottom. I keep most of the shims in my Terminator and tune the RT with launch RPM.

My Terminator is mounted right next to my Shoot the Lite. The STL is very fast by comparison, and I use that for Top Bulb/Pro Tree.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Byron Boyd racing made/sold them out of Cali

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:

Thanks, that narrows it down a little.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:

Was probably ran out of business if it had a "trigger".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
After pondering, I gave the trigger to someone on this site. I don't remember who.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
I have one and I like it. I can't find him either, I think I got mine in 2015.

If you are using it for top bulb, KnR has a z-plus feature in some of their boxes that does essentially the same thing, you push your button once to arm the brake, and then push it to release. The same idea as a trigger, get rid of the button pressure deal. I like my Biondo delay box so I opted for the trigger.

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:

Was probably ran out of business if it had a "trigger".

Laughing Hard Laughing Hard

Valid thought though!

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
I have one I'm not using, not sure what model it is. It made it tight on my butterfly wheel. Still like the idea though! But I'll stick with a button. If you want it make me an offer. I've spent most of my life trying to keep from jerking the trigger for a couple of other hobbies.

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatpack:
I have one I'm not using, not sure what model it is. It made it tight on my butterfly wheel. Still like the idea though! But I'll stick with a button. If you want it make me an offer. I've spent most of my life trying to keep from jerking the trigger for a couple of other hobbies.

LOL. I get it..but I train to see how quickly I can expend a full magazine.

PM coming your way.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have built a similar system using a K&R box with Zforce. In Zforce mode you press the button once to set the trans brake and a second to release. I have a Biondo oo button mounted in a box facing forward on my shifter platform. Took about 3 outings to get used to the new system. went from 1.055 in the box to about 1.105 average in the box and much more consistent. Hardest part was getting used to hitting that button and letting off after 20 some years holding it. Definitely takes away from your focus on the light the first few times but don"t give up.

Posts: 7 | Location: Cicero, IN | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Got a picture from a buddy of the phone number on the sticker...no answer, sounds like it rotated to a different number, left a voice mail, no reply yet......

Dave Cook
N375