DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC intake manifold? --EDITED--
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC intake manifold? --EDITED--
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
What intake is considered the best power maker these days for a 600" conventional head motor?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakehp,

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Edelbrock SV 632 if its a tall block
Edelbrock SV 565 if its a std deck block

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Edelbrock SV 632 if its a tall block
Edelbrock SV 565 if its a std deck block

x2

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Edelbrock 454R out of the box because Ed said so...

Sorry, couldn't help it!!!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So I guess I'm looking for an Edelbrock SV632/2897.....

Who's got one for sale?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dave I have a SV632 Not ported or matched powder coated silver vein. It was too big for my combo. I bought from Raceshop and they had it powder coated for me. $ would like 650. The powder coat cost 150 alone. I doubt I will ever build another motor as I will quit when this one is done.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
By all accounts I need an SV632/2897 manifold. People and dynos are saying it’s worth 30-45hp over my Dart manifold....

Anybody have one?

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
By all accounts I need an SV565/2896 manifold. People and dynos are say it’s worth 30-45hp over my Dart manifold....

Anybody have one?

No you need the new Victor Ram with a pair of dominators. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don’t want to have to buy more jets.....

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I don’t want to have to buy more jets.....

Well then buy airplane instead! Razz

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Dave

F J B

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dead On
posted Hide Post
i'm curious as to the gain of the 565 over the 454R anyone know??

Posts: 73 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Just be careful not to over port that intake.. what heads do you have and how big is your camshaft on it?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I know from the Merlin x to the SV632, i was impressed. Took off 1.2 on Q.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You’re saying there was over a full second ET improvement? Eek

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Sorry wrong what i put in. Took off a whole tenth off the trailer. Manifold to manifold, from 65's to 55's. I was impressed.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Well, I dunno. I am leaning towards buying the jets dave.
Been running the same Dart t-ram for ever, yep like 2002 ish. Each step along the way with engine combination has always produced more power. The intake as new is woefully undersized for anything but a 496. After years of changes, runner sizes, porting, and different combinations ending up with a 600inch mild rpm, 7400, some old Edelbrock/Musi heads, which over time got more valve diameter 2.325 and 92.5 % and throat to valve ratio, made 1120 with 600 inches and a tame 288.306 camshaft. Gotta go with the extra pocket full of jets. And yes, You did help me out along the way, of which I say thank you.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well, Apparently I built this engine on a tall deck block...It was like 6yrs ago so a lot of things have happened in the last 5yrs or so and I guess I forgot.....getting older doesn't help either...
Anyhow, I've edited my earlier posts with the correct info...basiclly I'm looking for an SV632/2897 now...not a 2896 !!

Anybody? Not dead set against a tunnel ram just more linkage, plumbing ect...But if it was dirt cheap I'd entertain it.....!st choice is the 2897 though..

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Ya i would be looking for a used one on the SV632.
Holy balls are the prices up there. I got mine when they hit the market. Like 4 something. Best I'm seeing is 584 on pro shop account.

Just noticed they list 2 different numbers for that manifold.
#1 2897 for appears any head. $584.00.
#2 28972 For EDL cnc head $768.00.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

DRR Trophy
Picture of 433red
posted Hide Post
Smokinjeff, if Dave is not interested in your intake let's talk. Send me a PM if you would like to continue the discussion. Thx

Posts: 102 | Location: Ga | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post