Bracket Talk
? for injected guys that run w/o radiator

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/6607020286

October 10, 2018, 01:45 PM
wideopen231
? for injected guys that run w/o radiator
Question for those of you who run injection w/o radiator. What would you say require most attention temp wise when going rounds?

Have time on hands while waiting for funds to start trailer and figure maybe address anything that might cause issue before it does.

Not asking if I should or should not run radiator since its not possible.Not asking what I should do in any way.Simply asking question from those running alky injection w/o radiator. Ok maybe that will help with unsolicited advice.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
October 10, 2018, 06:35 PM
mavman
Speaking for myself here, but I watch oil temp fairly closely.
October 10, 2018, 06:41 PM
BJs Wild Ride
Cylinder head temp then converter temp. Blown injected, towed up and back.

I try to blow both down under 130, prefer a little lower if possible.

It was easier when I was set up to pour water through the heads but maintaining that setup was kind of a pain.
October 10, 2018, 06:50 PM
wideopen231
right now I have temp sensor in each head,oil pan,transmission pan and at pressure port on trans.

Down side to getting car done but not having trailer yet. I get to think of what I can do next to improve car. Never been one to think there is such thing as good enough or can not be improved upon. Bad side is thinking can cost me money and/or get me into trouble.LOL

October 10, 2018, 07:32 PM
wideopen231
which do you have more issue with oil or trans temp? I am thinking trans temp harder to keep down when running alky. Never been issue with cars in past but back then(way back) hot lapping wasn't common either.

October 10, 2018, 08:10 PM
Back in late 80s early 90s my brother and I had a home built dragster no rad or cooling system ran a wet block drain pet****s and ran cool water threw it after every pass won DIV 3 Bracket finals doing it that way , wow I wouldn't do that again but young and full of energy back then and didn't think a thing about it