New
Find
Notify
Tools

FTI…
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Anybody running a 88800 Snowman bolt together with good results with a small block…

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
IMO the SS888BA is the baddest sb converter ever built, at least from the ones I have ran. They are very aggressive converters.

Posts: 10 | Location: Oklahoma  | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of talbotracing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LeeWay:
IMO the SS888BA is the baddest sb converter ever built, at least from the ones I have ran. They are very aggressive converters.

They sent me this converter for my combination a couple of years ago. It was way too loose (7700 rpm) through the traps in the 1/4 mile. I assume it would be a better 1/8th mile converter.

Jay

Posts: 223 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I had that convertor last year and ran it for a weekend. The stall was very close to my other brand conv, but it was so aggressive on the launch. I took it out and sent it back. FTI changed over from mech. diode to spragless.
Havent tried it yet cause I love my 20 year old Coan sprag convertor.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of talbotracing
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was very aggressive on the launch.
I sent it back and they tightened it up 300 rpm (SS888B). I ended up taking gear out of it to calm it down. It seems to work but it's slower than the 25 year old ATI that it replaced.

Jay

Posts: 223 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Wait, why did you need to send a bolt together converter in for a stall tweak? Confused

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1598 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jason Haley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LeeWay:

I have that converter in my truck. It's extremely aggressive and also a BMF.

Slow S-10
Slower Cutlass

Posts: 38 | Location: Smiths Grove, KY | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Wait, why did you need to send a bolt together converter in for a stall tweak? Confused

I'm sorry, I got away from OP. My FTI was a 888BA. not a bolt together.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:

I'm sorry, I got away from OP. My FTI was a 888BA. not a bolt together.

Jay Talbot also mentioned sending one back.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1598 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
As several have mentioned the SS888B and SS888BA are very aggressive converters if you are someone looking for just that. But they are not for everyone.

If you are looking for something different for your setup or you are unsure on the route you would like to go I would be happy to talk with you and discuss your specific needs and how we can meet them.

-Dalton

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
So I decided to send in an old ptc an they made it into a 8TH-24….so we shall see…

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post