DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    mark williams 35 spline spool and strange axels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mark williams 35 spline spool and strange axels
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Help Guys, I have 35 spline strange axels in my 9" rear and have a chance to buy a complete drop in Mark Williams center section with 35 spline spool. Will the Strange axels fit the Mark Williams spool. Thanks

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not 100% but don't think MW and strange axles and spool spline inter swap. I know on 40's they do but not 35's. I am sure if incorrect someone will point it out soon.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The axles will go in the spool, but the pressure angle is different. I think Strange will make 40 degree axles to fit Mark Williams spools.

Posts: 520 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I believe it is a different pitch on the spline the way i understood it on the 35. I could be wrong tho.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That depends on the spool. Mark Williams makes spools with "Strange" spline, "Moser" spline and their own spline. Besides being different angles on the actual spline, the location of the splines in the spool varies dramatically. In short, you would need the spools part number, and then would need to do some math to be sure.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I already told you. Just buy it!

Why Do We Do This!

Posts: 14 | Location: United States | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post