DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Ceramic coating for used headers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ceramic coating for used headers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Can used headers be ceramic coated inside and out and if so, what company would you recommend?

Posts: 80 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yep and Central Connecticut Coatings. Gene has been doing my headers and powdering my parts for 3 decades.

Who is Central CT Coatings?
Gene Schaeffer
President
gschaeffer@centralctcoatings.com

Born and raised in Boyertown, Pennsylvania. Gene graduated from Millersville University in 1976 with a degree in biology. His career began as a chemist developing high temperature coatings. In 1987, he was hired by High Performance Coatings™ (HPC™) in Manchester, CT as General Manager. In 1994 he co-founded AirBorn Coatings Inc.™ In January of 2006 AirBorn Coatings™ CT changed its name to Central Connecticut Coatings Inc.
Gene has 30 years experience in coating formulation and coating processing.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
A lot of guys here use LO-KO Performance Coatings
Never heard of a complaint. Been in business a long time.

If you have FB.

https://www.facebook.com/lokocoatings/

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
HPC in Burlington NC has been doing coatings for a long time and a lot use them. They do great work,lots of choices on the finish. They are not cheap but then quality rarely is.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I don't know who Dynatech uses, but mine are coated inside and out as well.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Performance Coating of OKC did a well seasoned set of headers and intake for me. Very durable.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.header-coatings.com/
This is who coated my headers. They can do used or recoat headers that have been coated. They have a tumbler to clean them with.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the info. HPC is closest to me so that is where I will go.

Posts: 80 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post