DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2004 Gmc sierra drive door no power question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2004 Gmc sierra drive door no power question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
2004 GMC sierra 2500 crew cab. I have lost all power in driver door meaning no power locks, windows, power mirrors, or heated seats. All other windows and power locks work fine. Pulled panel off nothing disconnected and nothing looks cut my guess is the window switch is gone, and other suggest before I buy new switch and hope thats it

Posts: 35 | Location: right lane | Registered: April 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Wire broke in harness between door and cab .

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
will check that

Posts: 35 | Location: right lane | Registered: April 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of broken wires! Those circuits are on different power feeds. Power door locks and mirrors are generally hot all of the time. Windows and power seats are only hot with key on.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Only one ground for all.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had a problem with my power window switch in my 2011 silverado. It wouldn't roll up the passenger window. Switch had a short inside it. Only way to fix it was to buy a new switch ---- 900 bucks is what they were new. Found one in a junk yard

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
if it is a switch issue rock auto has a good variety.we just replaced them on a buddies truck
and at a good price

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NFC:
Only one ground for all.
Could be but without a diagram we're all just guessing. Passenger window usually goes back and grounds at the drivers side especially if it has auto down.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think around that year the switch is called a driver door module , If so the new one will need to be programed before it will work . Pull the switch out and test for power and ground on the larger wires on the switch . Ground is black B+ could be red , pink or orange . I can't look at the GM diagrams any more after I quit working at the dealer.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggest. Problem solved it was the window module switch panel replaced no programing needed

thanks