Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I have a question for you guys
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a question for you guys
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted
Who has done a comparison between T350 and glide trans, with both leaving in Hi gear ? ET differences and longevity are a couple of my questions.

Kenny Wigington

Posts: 602 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
No rral world results aws asked for,just thoughts.
PG lighter,less rotatiing mass and should be quicker when using high gear only.

http://www.schooledbyscotty.com/
Only the stupid know too much to learn something new.
Chris McBride

deplorables saving america one vote at a time

Posts: 1296 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
Both are 1:1 in high gear so as wide-open mentioned only real difference is weight and less rotating and drag. Plus a PG can be made to be a lot stronger for high hear only usage.

FTI PERFORMANCE COMPETITION CONVERTERS AND TRANSMISSIONS
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

photo FTI Performance Logo 2015 640x213_zpskzof0su3.jpg

Posts: 399 | Location: florida | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Wich one will last longer.?

Posts: 1603 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Wich one will last longer.?

I would put money on the Powerglide over the TH350 all day to last longer.

-Dalton

FTI PERFORMANCE COMPETITION CONVERTERS AND TRANSMISSIONS
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

photo FTI Performance Logo 2015 640x213_zpskzof0su3.jpg

Posts: 399 | Location: florida | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
10-4 Thanks. Was having a higear FB discussion and this came to mind, since I have a 350/converter sitting, I'm leaning glide anyway.

Kenny Wigington

Posts: 602 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Kenny If footbraking how you gonna catch a good light. I tried it with a glide and it don't work for me.

Posts: 1603 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Foot, I don't know yet. I'm thinking about giving it a shot. I've never tried it personally. I kinda hope with 1750 lbs., a 488 gear, and this 23 tire on old SG car with no stagger, would be a decent candidate for that. Just had the thought bouncing around

Kenny Wigington

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
I'm 2070 in my roadster, 14x32, 4.56 (now 4.88) only a 5.90 car and have left in high gear at different times. Cutting a light isn't a problem. Just added 300-500 rpm and after a few laps it's just like any other time. I did it the very last lap last year. The track went away so I dialed up and put 'er in high. .046 (hadn't done it in a while), went from 5.94s when the track was okay to what would have been mid 6.20something. I was pedaling it at the stripe.

Curtis

Posts: 611 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Deep stage! My car changes .027

Posts: 4534 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Deep stage! My car changes .027

Can't go deep round here. Plus in that lightweight car he won't need to.

Posts: 611 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
His light weight is a BIG plus Smile