DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Fuel line requirements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel line requirements
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted
I was going through the NHRA rules today to see if or what I need to change on our dragster going from IHRA to NHRA.

I thought I saw here some mention of fluid line testing. But I didnt see anything about the oil line for the gauge other than it being hard line or braided steel.

I am wondering too, about fuel lines. I have braided steel to the regulator, and those braided fabric ones from Earls from the regulator to the carbs. Is that ok or would I need braided steel to the carbs too?

My other question is if I put an accumulator in, it says no lines outside the rails or inside the drivers area. Where in the world could it all go then?

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
You're good on the fuel lines, but I'm a little fuzzy on the accumulator question?
Between the frame rails, not in driver compartment.
I'd mount it as near the block oil inlet / outlet as possible, keep the lines short.

BBC Dragster?
I'd probably have a mount off the bellhousing bolts to hold the can.?

I think the line pressure testing is required for Alcohol and Fuel classes, I'd have to review.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Yay, good on the fuel lines means one less expense Big Grin

this is what they have in gen regs

Accu-sump, dry-sump tanks, oil filters, oil supply lines, etc. prohibited in driver compartment and outside of frame and/orsteel body/fenders, except as noted in Top Fuel.

and yes, BBC dragster, the one in the picture

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they just want the oil lines and tanks to be protected from getting knocked around.
I'm guessing your choices are to mount it on the front motor plate, or behind the mid plate, on the left side, to keep your oil line as short as possible.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks. Something to think about anyway.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My accusump is mounted left to right above the transmission.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Ok, yes, that is pretty much where my current transmission cooler is and where I was thinking of putting an accumulator