DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Need truck trans help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need truck trans help
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
My 93 4L60E has an intermittent problem. It gets stuck in overdrive. I can manually shift to 2nd, neutral, or reverse. No first or drive. The next day it will be ok for a while. Any ideas? Shift solenoids?

Posts: 20 | Location: Pa. | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Change the converter..... lol

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's in limp mode and it seem to clear when you shut it off until it sets the codes again.

Get it scanned to get the codes.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I thought limp mode was second?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Update. Got a code 66. That’s 3-2 downshift solenoid circuit.

Posts: 20 | Location: Pa. | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I thought limp mode was second?

Third and reverse too.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gonzo1546:
Update. Got a code 66. That’s 3-2 downshift solenoid circuit.

Solenoid or connector melted/broken or bad ECM ,
most common on 93-95 models.

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Any fluid leaking through the harness that comes from the inside of the trans?

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Another update. No leaks. I thought I would give my 3 month old Autozone ecm the benefit of the doubt and replace the solenoid. Didn’t work. Replacement ecm will be here tomorrow.