DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2 post Lift for garage
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 post Lift for garage
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camaro67:
quote:
I looked around my buddy's auto shop. He has one 4 post and half a dozen two posts. I put in a two post. It has been good to me.

Bucky, Which two post did you go with.

Thanks

I bought an Ammco from a fella whose shop had not lasted long. Have had it quite a while. Only one problem I have had and that is the wear blocks wearing. It's a PITA to replace them.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camaro67:
Rob,
What brand did you buy?

Both of mine have been Rotary brand. Same deal, friends with shops had them and spoke highly of them.

One other thing to think about with two posts is whether to get symmetrical or asymmetrical. It is whether the posts are turned to allow car doors to open past them. I went with symmetrical because I knew I would put heavy trucks on them and wanted them to be more balanced.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No matter what 2 post lift you buy, consider purchasing a pair of under hoist screw jacks to stabilize the vehicle when necessary. They also aid in supporting parts under the vehicle during disassembly.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
No matter what 2 post lift you buy, consider purchasing a pair of under hoist screw jacks to stabilize the vehicle when necessary. They also aid in supporting parts under the vehicle during disassembly.

Good advice

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Rotary's that have been in use since i bought them back in 2000. I haven't had any issues with any of them. Funny thing is i bought the first one to put in my garage at home and within two weeks of buying it i opened a repair shop. Next thing i know it is 20 years later. Well there hell did all that time go?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

I have four of them for this exact purpose!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am looking at this.
https://www.derekweaver.com/ro...uRATI9hoC7D4QAvD_BwE
It comes in red, blue or black if it matters.

After reading Covey's suggestion on 4 post with wheels I need to look into that.
David

Posts: 135 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am looking at this.

Thanks David
That looks like a very fair price. Ive been told by a few people to get a certified one.
Thanks for the info.

Brian

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That Weaver looks identical to my two Fowards

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
That Weaver looks identical to my two Fowards

Thanks Top355x
Thats good info to know.

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidsracing:
I am looking at this.

After reading Covey's suggestion on 4 post with wheels I need to look into that.
David

The cage is a re-branded Rotary or Forward. I don't know for sure about the hydraulics, or the lift certification. But it looks Identical to my Forward 10k lift or in other words a Rotary.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post