DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Air density online
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air density online
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Was just checking out the weather info for Bandimere Speedway and Alaska Raceway Park.....pretty bad when it's warmer in Alaska right now than Denver!!!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Many years ago while living in Indiana it was -19 and Anchorage was 59. Needless to say that was another motivational point to return to Florida.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Many years ago while living in Indiana it was -19 and Anchorage was 59. Needless to say that was another motivational point to return to Florida.

I'm in Florida now and can't wait to leave...Too damned hot...oh well, I moved here by choice....Hoping to call it in another year or so and will move back to either Colorado or back to Alaska...Kids are kinda wanting me to go back to Alaska, and it's looking to be the better choice, but still a ways off so a lot can happen between now and then....

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Leigh Acres area is too damned hot for me also. I live on the east coast, Jensen Beach. Right now its 89, sunny and a very nice breeze off the ocean. The key over here is the wind/breeze, makes it very comfortable. I am a native Floridian, grew up in the Keys and Miami and I can state without any doubt it is a heck of a lot hotter in just about any area of the US in the summer. Exceptions being the Rocky Mountain area. Having lived in various other areas of the US, along the east coast of Florida cannot be beat.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I've lived in almost every state in the western US and several in the eastern US. I'll take the drier, cooler air in the Rockies any day of the week. I really liked living in Alaska, but left due to other reasons......I'd likely still be there if those reasons hadn't happened. Summers there are the best out of anywhere I've ever lived. Winters....well, they are a little dark and chilly.....

I was up in Daytona last year during Bike Week. It was definitely milder there than here. Still not enough for me to remain here. I gotta have my seasons, mountains, and altitude!!

Mark Goulette

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree about Florida.Would not live there if free house and food supplied.

Would love Alaska,I think. With my love of hunting and fly fishing it would be second closest to heave.First is 330 mph in 3.6 seconds. down side probably not many dragstrips in Alaska.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Come on Chris, Greensboro gets dog snot hot in the summer, and it rains most of the winter with the occasional snow storm. I've experienced your summer, they suck.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I've lived in almost every state in the western US and several in the eastern US. I'll take the drier, cooler air in the Rockies any day of the week. I really liked living in Alaska, but left due to other reasons......I'd likely still be there if those reasons hadn't happened. Summers there are the best out of anywhere I've ever lived. Winters....well, they are a little dark and chilly.....

I was up in Daytona last year during Bike Week. It was definitely milder there than here. Still not enough for me to remain here. I gotta have my seasons, mountains, and altitude!!

Here you go. A couple of towns over and close to RT 66.. lol > Notice unloader needs some more "BEER" lol. I swear they were all drinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...rfA&feature=emb_logo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Chris,
no, not many drag strips there, but the main one, Alaska Raceway Park is a nice place. Events are usually two days, and it's a huge deal! Think of camping and racing all in one! I miss that place a lot, planning a trip back up to take a look at some properties, just not sure when....this whole lock down thing has thrown a stick in the works.....

For your enjoyment:

http://www.raceak.com

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Here you go. A couple of towns over and close to RT 66.. lol > Notice unloader needs some more "BEER" lol. I swear they were all drinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...rfA&feature=emb_logo

Wonder how many passes they get out of a set of "slicks"......hahahahahahhhha

Interesting combo. Lot of money on skis!

Mark Goulette