DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Opinion on this truck please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on this truck please
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I would like to hear what owners of a similer truck please? Thankshttps://www.classicmotorsinc.com/vehicle-details/2007-gmc-sierra-3500-extendedcab-slt4x4-truck-38f1cb58f17d2e448bcf43134f5f0ace

2017 Modified Sumerduck dragway Champ
2015 SBRA Footbrake Points Champ
Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

Posts: 56 | Location: manassas | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Generally speaking the best in their class.

I have a 2015 3500HD crew cab with the Duramax that so far has been trouble free unlike my 2005 2500HD, crew cab with the Duramax.

That said, I wouldn't buy a lifted or tuner truck.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed I think u are right I will look for a stock one.

2017 Modified Sumerduck dragway Champ
2015 SBRA Footbrake Points Champ
Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

Posts: 56 | Location: manassas | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have a 2007 GMC 2500 hd single rear wheel....extended cab 4x4 and it is a Duramax with Allison....

I have owned it for about 7-8 years and used it for towing for much of those years.

A few issues with it that were a pain to fix but it has been overall a great truck.

I have about 88,000 miles on it

I paid a good bit less for it than the asking price on the one your looking at and that was 7 years ago !!!

It had 40k on it and was in very good shape...

Rust in some spots starting to develop now....thanks to NJ winters...

I always drive a pickup and prefer one.....whether I need it for towing or not...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I have a 2017 2500HD Crew Cab 4WD single rear wheel that I bought in December. Have 600 mile son it so far, parked it in the garage for the winter. Not going to go through the rusted frame/brakeline BS I went through with my 2001 2500. I use the old truck everyday, gas engine still running strong, 148K on it.

I would be leary of buying a tuned truck. I have seen what people do to these diesels and who knows that you are getting. The lifted part doesn't do anything for me, I tow with my truck, not off roading or trying to run over small cars...... Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
2016 high country 2500 duramax . Very nice. Normally tow with my RV but it handles my 12000 lb trailer easily. No load distribution hitch yet..but plan on one mainly for RV.

My only complaint is it rides really rough especially after the winter and the roads get heaved. Tires call for 75psi and today I put them at 60, couldn't take it anymore. Don't care if tires wear out.

As others said wouldn't buy a modded truck.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1435 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
As others said, I would avoid the modified trucks. Especially when the dealer states on the ad, that it is for "out of state sale only"!! Confused
I am still looking for a good used Duramax, but we have annual inspections here, so it must have all emissions equipment in place.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of nickthap
posted Hide Post
I have a F350 Ford. In texas 1 tons only get safety inspections, they do not have to go through emissions 1 ton and up. FYI

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post